"Silence.."(14)

Evan's POV-

Gregory covers his face immediately once we step outside. 

"Are you alright?" I ask, taking the arm he isn't using to cover his face and moving him off the porch, and into a path, with shade provided by trees. 

Gregory replies as I lead him to the trail, "Yeah.. It's so bright. I know I go with you, sometimes, for store trips, but I've hardly been outside at all for almost an entire month."

He removes his hands and squints to see for a few moments while his eyes adjust. 

I don't like the sun, or lights, or anything of the sort. But, wherever there is a light, there is a shadow, and I'm quite fond of those. 

"Do you feel any better?" I ask, "Headache wise?" 

Gregory takes a moment to reply, looking at the scenery, "Yeah, actually." 

He looks around, like everything here is so wonderful and hopeful. To me, this is all just trees, grass, and dirt. I guess that's part of being human, to hold onto moments or images in your mind because they make you feel something: hope, joy, or anything else, because humans always try to hold onto to hope that isn't really there, because it is the only thing that really gives them perseverance enough to continue.  

Sometimes hope is really all you need, because life and death really doesn't get easier. And that is so interesting to me, because I know hope is something I simply don't have. 

"That's good," I sigh. It's not cold, but it's not exactly warm, either. I know it's morning, but I'm not sure what part of the morning it is. 

"How about you? You've been busy a lot, lately. I haven't seen you quite as much," Gregory meets my eyes. Glimpses of light slip through the trees and illuminate him, making his eyes almost seem to glow. 

"I've been fine," I smile slightly, truthfully, I haven't been fine, because I have missed him, because I've been busy, and I hate that. I hate everything that's been happening lately, Vanny, Cassidy, his headache, because it takes away from this. This feeling. Love, as Goldie puts it. 

And I've been through hell and back, pain is fucking powerful, but I don't think there is a goddamn thing on this Earth then how this feels. 

Because this, him, he is everything I have ever needed in my life, and he's here, and he's mine. Just us. And that means something because few things in life will ever solely belong to one person. 

"I've missed you," Gregory smiles back. 

I hug him, because he deserves the damn world, and I know I can't give it to him, "I missed you, too."

Gregory hugs me back. 

We stay like that, for a few moments, or perhaps minutes, before slowly moving away from each other, not entirely, because I grab his hand, and we continue walking. 

"I like this," Gregory watches some birds fly off in the distance, it's so much more peaceful here. Quieter." 

"It is," I agree. 

Elizabeth's POV- 

"More energy," I laugh slightly, "Don't tell me your trying to be a greedy pain in the ass, and get there before the poor, innocent ghosties, in the hallways. How shameful of you, Cassidy."

"I'm pretty sure I good portion of the bitches out there are murderers from the 1800 or something." Cassidy glances at my room door behind them. 

"Yeah I don't know," I sigh dramatically. The girl with the green eyes looks familiar. Oh! She's the one poofed here through the roof and stole one of Mike's illusion disks. "Your Cindy, right? Your pretty good at theft, by the way, I bet you could rob a bank, if you wanted to." 

"What?" Cindy seems confused. 

What a dumbass. Imagine being confused, lmao. 

"So you really know nothing about power spots?" Cassidy sighs and looks at the floor. 

"Hell no. Power spots aren't interesting." I shrug. I have no interest in watches those weak freaks in the halls try to go wherever. I don't care where they are going, just where they have been. 

"You're just as useless as William," Cassidy frowns. 

I laugh at Cassidy, "The more useless, the less people want. And neither of you are very useful yourselves. I think that's why both of your assess are in this house."

Cindy shrugs. She's taller than me. I have to learn all her secrets. Then again, most people in this house are taller than me. 

"Maybe not useful, but at least I'm ambitious." Cassidy goes to the door and opens it, "And that means I'll get way farther than you in.. Death?"

"Yeah, okay, keep telling yourself that." They are both lost causes. 

 "I will. Come on Cindy, were going back to the room." Cassidy leaves, Cindy following shortly behind her. 

She really just let Cassidy command her like that? Simp.