"Returning.."(15)

Gregory's POV-

When we get back to the house, the headache starts to return. 

Evan gave me some Tylenol, but it's not working. 

Now, were sitting at the bottom steps, talking to Michael, who is at a desk just out of view from the stairs. 

Michael rolls in the chair to the side, so we can see him. "Well, that's concerning. Do you think it's William?"

"Could be," Evan shrugs. "Cassidy has been getting weak lately, so he could be looking for some sort of way to get out." 

"You never know!" Elizabeth looks at us from the couch, "There's a hell of a lot of demons here, they all want to leave this house, and almost none of them like you, Evan." 

"Most of them aren't even strong enough for possession, especially not in the long term. I don't know if you've ever possessed someone before, Elizabeth, but it takes a lot of energy." Evan sighs. 

I don't know anything about this. I just want the headache to go away, but at the same time I don't want to have to stay outside. 

Not again. 

"If they've been saving up, they could have enough. They could get a lot from a human, and would risk it." Michael looks over at Elizabeth, she's sitting on the armrest of the couch. "Hey! Don't sit on that part. Your going to mess up the furniture." 

I wonder how serious this situation really is.  I don't know how you can even get remnant or energy from possessions. 

I think back to what Cassidy said, about getting remnant before, "It comes from dead children, highly emotional energy sources, or you can take it from your friends."

Dead children.. 

Evan puts his hand on my shoulder, "Either way, I'm not going to let it happen. I'm going to talk to Cassidy about William, later. Are you tired, Gregory? I don't know when the last time you slept was." 

"Yeah. I don't know if I could sleep, though.." I look him in the eyes. 

They're so pretty, and familiar. 

"I can help with that, I have some sleep spells." Evan stands up, "Let's go." 

As were almost up the stairs I can hear Elizabeth ask, "What's up with them?" 

Charlie's POV-

This is the last place for me to check. 

I don't know where they went, Cassidy and the kids. They weren't at the old location, or arcades, or anywhere else I could have thought of to find them. 

Maybe here? 

I sigh.

Last time me and Cassidy came here, we stayed in this room. 

I open the door. 

"-and if Fritz stabs me one more time with his damn head I'll throw him off the roof of this house!" Jeremy yells.

There for sure here. 

The talking get's muffled, quieter, less yelling. 

I go to the part of the room where the voices are coming from. 

Cassidy is holding Fritz up in the air by his horns, with Susie latched onto Cass's leg, crying. Gabriel is sitting in the corner, Jeremy is looking at stab wounds on his arm. And there is someone else that I don't recognize, a pretty girl with dark red hair. 

Susie runs over to me and hugs me, "Charlie!" 

"Hey," I mumble, hugging her back. 

"Charlie," Cassidy smiles slightly, "What are you doing here?" 

"I was looking for you guys, because things have been a bit off at my house. I figured I would stay for a little bit" I wipe Susie's tears with a free hand. 

"You can. Things have been hectic recently, though." Cassidy sighs. 

"Put me down!" Fritz tries to kick Cassidy. 

"I can tell," I look at the other girl, "Who's that?" 

"I'm Cindy," She smiles slightly. 

She seems.. Nice?

"I'm Charlie, lovely to meet you." I smile back. 

Cassidy puts Fritz down, "Time out corner for you. Now." 

"Nooooo!" Fritz whines, stomping his feet to the corner where Gabriel is at, and sitting down next to him. 

"I think I need to go to the ER!" Jeremy starts to panic. 

"Your literally dead." Cassidy takes a deep breath, "You do not." 

Susie runs back over to Cassidy. 

"How long have you been with them for?" I ask Cindy. 

Cindy seems slightly confused, "Uhh.. A few days, maybe?"

"That's nice. Have you been in this house for a while?" I ask. 

"I don't know?" Cindy shrugs. 

"What's with all the questions?" Cassidy looks between the two of us, and then picks up Susie, "Everyone relax." 

"I'm just trying to get to know her," I take a deep breath.

Cindy crosses her arms. 

Her green eyes meet mine. 

What's she even doing here anyway, with Cassidy? 

Not that it matters she probably just needed a place to stay and Cassidy helped her, because Cassidy likes taking in William's victims, and protecting them. 

"Stop staring at each other like that. You're both being weird." Cassidy walks towards the door, "I'm going to put a show on for Susie to calm her down a bit. Keep and eye on the other three, for me." 

Cassidy's shoulder brushes mine as she leaves.