"Possessions.."(13)

Cassidy's POV-

I love these hallways. And the confusing ass turns, and the ever-changing mystery behind them, and the marble floors, and the patterns on the walls and the doors. 

It is the only thing thing in this damn house I am moderately okay with, because it goes on forever, and it feels real. And every spot carries emotions from the spirits that stay in those areas. 

And maybe marble just makes me jittery. 

I think it's one of the most remarkable things about this house, the marble, and the hallways, because it holds so much energy, spirits can easily reside here. 

Cindy feels very weak, in a way I can't pinpoint. 

She seems to be very high on energy, but low on remnant. Which is so interesting, because usually you don't have much of one without the other. The factor of having low remnant means she probably can't do much power-wise, and it's sorta refreshing, since so many spirits are just about getting power. And I suppose I am, too. 

I notice Evan leaving a room, that has a blank and lifeless door. It's William's office, I know that. It seems they replaced the door, even though William isn't here anymore. 

"Hey, bitch! Where are you going?" I call after Evan, moving a bit faster to catch up to him. Cindy follows behind me. 

"I could ask you the same," Evan shrugs, barely glancing at me. 

"Around. Trying to find spots with a lot of energy." I answer briefly. I don't want to tell him too much. 

"Mhm," Evan nods glancing between me and Cindy. His fingers are bloodstained. 

"Holding captives?" I ask, looking at his hands. 

"Are you?" He replies with a question, glaring at Cindy.

"No." I answer. 

He looks at the floor, "What do you want, Cassidy?" 

"Where is the spot with the most energy?" I mostly wanted to avoid talking to him about things I needed, in case he uses it against me, but he knows the house better than I do, and it would be a lot easier if I could simply find the spot and hopefully be out of here sooner than later. 

Cindy stays quiet. I think she's scared of him, or something. 

"That's hard to define. Varys throughout the day, and what other spirits are doing." Evan shrugs. 

Bullshit. "You should have at least a slight idea of how they move and what they do. You're around here a lot." 

"I don't pry with the spirits." Evan sighs, "Ask Elizabeth. She's always in everyone's business."

"Okay, dumbass. I think you should know a bit better about the inhabitants in your own house, given the factor you like to understand situations." I don't believe him at all. There is no way he doesn't know much about how the spirits move, but whatever. He can be stubborn all he wants, there are other people here who would know. Like he said, Elizabeth, for example. 

Evan picks up the pace and walks off. 

"He's intense," Cindy shivers. 

I laugh slightly, "No, not really. He's bitchy, yes, but he really isn't everything he seems to be."  

"If your sure," Cindy seems a little uncomfortable, "So, Elizabeth?" 

"Oh, you haven't met her." I smile, "Chances are, she's met you, from a distance, so don't be surprised if she knows to many details about your life." 

Gregory's POV- 

Evan gets back after a while. He left around an hour and a half ago. 

He seems a little shaky, but otherwise normal. I wonder what he did with Vanny. 

"Are you hungry?" Evan sits down on the bed beside me and looks around, "I don't know what time it is." 

"No, I'm okay." I should probably tell him about the headache, since it's still persisting, and I think it's been a few days now? It's hard to keep track of time. 

"Alright," Evan takes my hand. 

He does stuff like that a lot. Hand holding, shoulder touches, or anything else of that sort. I'm starting to think his love language is physical touch. I originally thought it was quality time, since he and I are usually in the same space together, but I'm not so sure anymore. 

Off topic. 

"Umm.. I've had a headache for a few days now. Is there any medicine or something of the sort here?" I ask. 

Evan goes oddly still, "Where do you feel this headache?"

I gesture to the back of me head, near the base of my neck. What does that have anything to do with it?

"Okay," Evan takes a deep breath, "That's a large sign of demonic possession.. We have medicine, but I'm not sure if it's going to help."

A what now? 

I don't know much about being dead, or spirits, or demons or anything. 

Demonic possession?

What would be trying to possess me, anyway?

"How do I get rid of it, then?" I ask. 

"We could go outside, or something." Evan looks around, probably for Goldie. He went into the closet earlier. "That might help for a bit."

"What does it want from me? The demon?" That question seems surreal. 

"Probably power, your human, and you carry a lot of emotions. It can feed off of that." Evan sighs. 

"Oh," With all the power that is supposed to be in this house, what use would I be to it?

"Let's just go on a walk, outside, for a little bit, and see if it helps." Evan stands up, and pulls me up gently with his hand that was already holding on to mine. 

"Alright," I nod. 

A/N----------

I just spent the last three and a half hours doing homework(prior to writing this chapter), and still haven't finished my math, because I decided to write this instead of taking another twenty minutes and being done with it, and now I will be cramming it in tomorrow when I wake up, but I think it was worth it. 

Anyway, have a good day/night!