×42O

It was night time when Sam started to fill up a vial with a mixture of different elixirs. Next to them, was a note with the exact amount of each liquid to use.

Sam made the mixture to perfection. They then looked at the bright orange vial in front of them.

This should work. It has to. Sam looked down through the window at the designated spot for burials. It failed many times before. I fixed the errors of each one. The formula is to the exact specifications.

Sam went to where everyone was still asleep next to Blake's body. They noticed that Echo had already sealed up the wounds that Blake had and cleaned the body.

Perfect.

When Sam was sure they were knocked out, they slowly moved closer to Blake's body, a syringe in hand, ready to inject it into Blake's blood stream.

The vial had mixture of flowing red, blue and orange colors. Here and there a green or purple would show.

Taking a small breath, they slowly pressed the tip into Blake's chest, where his heart is, slowly injecting the contents into his heart and into Blake's wrists, ankles, upper arms and finally into his neck.

Sam pulled the needle out once it was empty all the all way.

They made their escape swiftly and quick. It's worth a shot. Sam thought, disappearing from sight before anyone else could see him.

Richard was woken up when Zac shot up straight. “Zac?” Richard whispered. Seeing Zac holding his knees, hiding his face, he placed a hand on his son's shoulder.

Zac looked at Blake's body. He pulled his knees closer to his chest, more tears escaping. Richard scooted closer Zac and rubbed circles on Zac's back. “He's gone.” Zac said.

“I know, Zac.” Richard said as he held Zac close.

“Zac, when your mother died. I felt lost and confused just as you are now.” Richard started. “I held little you in my arms, looking down I saw her in you. I was glad to have you.”

“He wasn't supposed to die. Not like this.” Zac said.

“No one wants to die like this. Death is one thing that we can't control, not even the aliens.” Zac leaned into Richard's embrace again.

“Are we going to burry him tomorrow?” Zac asked, glancing at Blake again.

“It would be best. Blake deserves to rest peacefully.” Zac pressed his face into Richard's chest, closing his eyes. Richard held his son close to him and layed back down.

It wasn't long before Zac fell asleep again.

×O

Zac's the last one that woke up the next morning. Echo saw him stirring awake and kneeled down next to him.

Looking behind Echo, he saw Blake was placed on white linen. Echo extended out their hand to Zac to help him get to his feet.

Echo held onto Zac as they made their way to the cot Blake rested in. His hands were just below his chest holding lily flowers.

Zac lowered his head, his body shaking. “I miss you, Blake.” Zac said and pecked Blake's lips one last time.

Sam stood a distance away. Echo saw Zac nodding and motioned for Sam that Blake's body can be carried away to where he'll be burried.
Echo walked on Blake's left side while Zac walked on the right. Zac had his hand on Blake's arm and squeezed it softly.

The Tristan family, James and Richard followed them as Blake's body was carried away.

Around him as they slowly walked to the burial site, Zac saw everyone else watching lowering their heads in mourning.