×2O

The next morning Zac was woken up earlier than normally by Richard."UP! SOLDIER! TIME TO GET UP!" He shouted.
"Ah! Not so loud! God damnit!" Zac shouted in an attempt to shut his father up but only ended up falling straight out of his own bed.

Richard looked down at his son."Are you even my son?" He said.
"Of course I am! God, you're crazy." Zac said.

"Oh, cheer up son! Come on! I have breakfast ready. Get dressed and come on." Richard helped Zac stand up.

Zac never could read his father. There are times where he'd be some crazy ass man or he'll be the serious stone cold soldier he is trained to be.

Zac soon started to get ready. He got dressed, did his hair and brushed his teeth. Did I brush my teeth yesterday? He suddenly wondered. He shrugged it off and puts his watch on. The screen lit up showing the company logo. AeWatches.

"Morning, Zac Spacey." The watch greeted in a robotic female like voice. Zac exited his room and went to the kitchen.

He sat down and immediately started to eat."So how many are they going to recruit?" Zac asked.

"About six or seven. Men and women. Gotta keep the groups small to avoid detection. After the teams are chosen, they'll be trained in strategic planning for when encountering one and other safety precautions." Richard explained as he took a sip from his coffee. He looked up to see Zac's worried expression.

"Son, I know whatever happens you'll survive. You trained and worked hard." Richard said.
"I know...it's just...are we ready? I don't feel ready." Zac said with a slight frown.

"Then when will you be? You can't be brave if you aren't afraid. Besides, those bastards should be afraid of you." He said.

Zac chuckled lightly at Richard's joke."I won't show them mercy..." Zac said.

"That's the spirit! Now eat up. Your food will get cold." Zac continued eating and the two of them sat in silence as Richard read through the news paper.

When Zac was done he washed out his dishes and thanked his father."Alright... I'll just get going then." Zac said.
"Good luck, son!" Richard shouted as Zac left after grabbing his phone and earphones.

He got in a jog again and started to make his way towards the arena. The lights were slowly getting brighter and brighter as the minutes passed. Zac stopped and looked up. What an actual sun rise would look like...or when the sun goes down.

Zac realized that he was going to see it. If he gets into the program, he'll get to go to the surface to see it and of course gather information for the fate of human kind.

He started jogging again and eventually reached the arena. Not stopping, he ran in through the door where he found his friends."Took you long enough, dumbass." James said.

"Nice to see you too." Zac said.

"So this is happening for real?" Gracie asked.

"Just relax, sis." Stacy said.

"Easy for you! I'm not as a good fighter like you three."

"Excuse me? Have you seen James fight?" Zac said earning himself a punch in the shoulder.
"Asshole." James said.

"But hey! We finally get to see what the surface is like." Zac then said.

"I know it probably isn't the same as what it was before, but it's something." Zac said.

"When was the last recruitment program?" Stacy asked.

"Uh? I think it was six or seven years ago?" James said.