thirty-four.

QOTC: How old are you? I'm 13, turning 14 on November 10

* * * * *

THE HALLS WERE FLASHING and it was kind of hard to see my way around.

I guess they found out they have visitors, I thought.

I was looking in every room, running around every corner, and I couldn't find Fury or Coulson. Which I'm very grateful for.

I'm actually kind of afraid to be the one to find either one of them. If they captured me the first time in Stark Tower easily, who's to say what's going to happen when they capture me in S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters?

I hope Tony isn't the one to find them either, he'd probably kill them.

I ran into a few agents along the way, but since I found out I was able to just knock them out with magic, I did that instead of doing it physically. I didn't like hurting people that much unless they really deserved it.

My shoes created a small thumping sound against the floor and it was very eerie sounding. I kind of felt like I was in a horror movie. One where the main protagonist is in a hospital and it's completely silent when they're walking down a flashing red (or just illuminated by the color red, not flashing) except for their shoes making small thumping noises. And then all of a sudden, the villain of the film jumps out and kills them.

I really hope my case is different.

I was looking in a room full of computers and I noticed something.

This was the room Steve gave me my necklace in. Speaking of, where is that necklace? And I still haven't figured something out: which mother was the one who gave it to me? Edna or Layla?

My lips curled into the smile at the memory of me and Steve. My mind wandered off to remembering the time when we were crawling around in the air ducts to find some information. And then when the room caught on fire, and the air duct fell.

It wasn't very fun, but the time I spent with him was.

I wish everything was back to normal. Back to the time when I would wake up in my apartment and walk over to my favorite coffee shop, get something simple, and then walk over to Stark Tower and help Tony with whatever he was working on that day. And eventually, S.H.I.E.L.D. would call and need our help for something, and we'd have been brought a helicopter to take us up to the Helicarrier. And I'd talk with everyone while Tony talked with S.H.I.E.L.D. I would tease Clint and Natasha about their feelings for each other, I'd just hang around Banner for a very long time, and then Steve and I would just get into trouble and talk.

I wasn't a very fun life, but it's better than my life now.

"Come back, I see, Tessa?"

My shoulders stiffened. I clocked my gun and whipped around, pointing it at the man in the trench coat.

He also had a gun.

We were both pointing our guns at each other, just staring (or should I say glaring) when Tony and Steve ran in from different directions. They were both out of breath and stared at us, but I could tell Tony knew I had it all under control. Although he was cautiously approaching Fury from behind. I couldn't tell if Fury knew Tony was behind him, although I knew he knew Steve was in here since he entered the room from behind me.

From the same place I came from.

The thought of him following me crossed my mind, but I quickly pushed it away. I couldn't have any distractions at the moment, my life was kind of on the line.