eight.

AS LOKI AND I STRODE up to an ancient-looking coffee house, I realized that it was the one next to the alley that I teleported away from the Frost Giant.

"You seem cautious." He commented to the expression of pure and utter fright plastered on my face.

I wiped it off quickly, before replying, "I'm fine."

He looked at me weirdly before we walked in, the door's bells jingled as the door hit them on our way in.

"What do you want?" I asked him, looking over at the menu.

"I do not know what they serve us here. So, I guess whatever you will get would be fine." He replied, walking away to get us a table.

There was barely anyone in the abandoned coffee shop, so I reluctantly walked up towards the counter where a man stood; looking bored and in his own little world.

"Hello," I greeted, trying to get his attention.

He snapped out of his trance and looked at me expressionless.

"What can I get you?" He spat as I gave him a weird look. His grayed, blackish hair was messily swept to the side as his eyes looked dull and lifeless. He seemed to look around 40 or 50 years old.

"Um... could I get two unsweetened teas?" I asked, pulling out a 10 dollar bill.

"Sure." He grumbled, snatching the 10 away from me.

I gave him a cautious look as I looked over at Loki.

He was sat in a booth which was farthest away from where I was currently standing.

Loki looked up from the napkin he was unraveling at me, and sent me a glare.

I've noticed that Loki... isn't like other men.

Men give in to you when you bat your eyelashes at them. But strong men wait for the moment that they know they can trust you.

But I'm still trying to figure out which one Loki is.

So far, he's neither.

"Here ya go." The guy said, gaining my attention.

I blinked a few times to see that he was holding two cups; both that contained tea.

"Thanks," I mumbled, grabbing them from him and walking away.

I felt his stare on me as I walked, but I just shrugged it off.

As I reached our table, I noticed that Loki was looking at the guy with a glare in his eyes.

"Loki," I commented as his attention was dragged away from the man.

"Hmm?" He answered, turning his gaze from the man up at me.

"Here." I handed him his drink..He took it, reluctantly, before his Asgardian attire changed to casual clothes, which just happened to be a suit with a tie and a scarf.

I sighed. "Of all the clothes you are capable of changing into, you chose a suit."

He smiled. "Well, why wouldn't I?"

"It's a suit." I replied in a 'duh' voice.

"I do not understand what you mean for me to get." He said, his eyebrows knitting together.

"In New York, people don't wear suits for casual clothes. They normally wear-" I started, but he facepalmed.

"I don't even know why I try." I gave an an exasperated sigh before sipping at the scorching hot tea.