twenty-nine.

I AWOKE ON A COLD HARD BED with absolutely no pillow.

Hey, if you're gonna chlorofoam and kidnap me, at least give me a pillow to make me happy and somewhat cooperate.

Yeah, I wouldn't cooperate either way.

I would say I would though, just to get a pillow.

My head felt like it had been split open with a knife thousands of times, and my eyes burned from the chemicals Coulson used on me however long ago I was kidnapped.

What happened? Did the Avengers beat S.H.I.E.L.D.? And what about Natasha and Clint? Who's side did they choose; their friends or their job? Either way I'd be mad, because, for some reason, lately I can't tolerate either of them very well.

Which saddens me, because I know them quite well actually, and I know they're a couple of the nicest people you'd ever meet in your whole life, but I think they've gotten brainwashed from Fury.

That's what I suspect happened to Coulson.

He was either under some type of controlling serum, or he was brainwashed. Possibly both, knowing S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Test Subject 001 has awoken." A mechanical voice ran over a monitor, and the electric doors opened immediately.

"Ms. Stark." I heard someone say my name. I tried to sit up to see who the voice belonged to, only I was strapped down onto the bed.

Great, I thought, my day has been going swell.

I was able to turn my head slightly to the right and see Fury walking into the room with Coulson right on his tail.

"I see neither of you could resist seeing me." I teased.

"Of course, Stark. When you're our test subject for a very important surgery and extraction, we need to see how your physical and mental health are holding up."

I glared at Coulson as Fury talked, in a very sarcastic way may I add, and he shifted uncomfortably under my gaze. I hope he's very uncomfortable, especially when I trusted him with so many things now.

"What happened to everyone? Where are they...what did you do with them?!" I angrily asked. Fury didn't even budge. He didn't even blink.

"We've sedated everyone and locked them up in strength, and magic, proof cages. They're all fine, but if I'm allowed, we beat 'em up pretty good."

I seethed, "I hate how you think you control everything that they do and what happens to them. They're not animals, you can't control them by putting them in cages, if anything. They're trying to save the world from villains, and evil, when I think you're doing the exact opposite. You don't deserve such a high title. You deserve to be shut down, because what you're doing here is evil."

"What we're doing here is trying to save people. You are a threat to our destination and goal, which we have oh so desperately tried to reach these past few years. You're a villain, Stark. You're evil itself-"

"I am not. I have hurt no one."

"But you're going to one day, won't you? You know what your mother told you, when you were in Natenheim: the prophecy of the destructive child born between realms. You are the demolition of the universe itself, and if you think that we won't take that chance to save the universe, you, my dear, are very wrong. We are the ones saving the world."

"And you don't think I can control this all? What if the prophecy isn't about me."

"You fit the definition quite perfectly, Te-"