twelve.

TESSA'S DREAM

"What should we do?" The Other asked, bowing down before Thanos.

"Have you done what I have asked?" Thanos grumbled, his back turned away from the Other.

The Other stayed quiet.

"I am sorry, but she has not left him, therefore there is no chance to bring her here."

"That is no excuse." Thanos said loudly. "What can he prevent? You think him above us? That he can defeat us?" Thanos laughed as The Other shuddered. "No, we are more powerful. He will run away in fright, because he knows we will one day gain our revenge on him. He promised us the universe and the Tesseract. He promised us unlimited power, but we have nothing."

"What do you wish for me to do?" The Other asked slowly.

"I want you to find her. Take the form of a mortal and take her. Bring her to me so we can all have power. And this time..." Thanos smiled.

"Unlimited power."

"Are you certain? Last time you were sure that you would gain the Tesseract." The Other stated quietly.

Thanos growled.

"I did not wish for you to speak, did I?" Thanos asked as The Other remained silent.

Thanos chuckled deeply, smiling. "I thought so."

"Anything else?" The Other asked.

"Yes," Thanos said quietly, thinking. "Make her life miserable until you are able to find the time to take her. Do everything in your power to make her wish for something sweet as pain." He said darkly.

If he couldn't get revenge on Loki, then why not get revenge on the one whom he's with? To make his life miserable would be to kill the mortal girl.

After all, wasn't Loki after the girl's power too?

"When do you wish for your command to start?" The Other asked.

"Now," He told him and with a flick of his hand, The Other was spinning towards earth.

* * *

"I need to have food." Loki grumbled at me as we sat on two couches; his was directly across from mine.

I widened my eyes and moved my eyebrows.

"Are we really going to have this talk again?"

"Where's the 'cabinet'?" He asked me, making air quotes with his fingers.

"Do you see the thing above the refrigerator?" I asked him, pointing to a cabinet door.

"No," He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's a refrigerator?"

"Ugh!" I groaned, throwing my magazine down on the couch as I walked over.

"What do you want?" I asked him, searching through my nearly empty pantry.

"Apple?" He asked as he transformed into more casual clothes, which just happened to be a green top with black pants.

"Okay," I said slowly, reaching down in the refrigerator to grab the red apple.

"Here," I gave him to apple.

As our fingers touched, I felt a little spark at the tips of my fingers.

My eyes widened as my hand lingered over his, lightly brushing the top. Instantly, I pulled my hand away as the buzzing quickly faded.

I looked up at Loki to see his eyebrows knitted together, almost like he was concentrating, but mostly confused.