twenty.

"WAIT!" I HEARD THELION call to me. I groaned aloud and turned around.

"What could you possibly want now?" I asked rudely. "I was trying to politely walk away and carry on with my life."

"I'm still your care-taker." He bluntly told me, acting completely oblivious to the conversation that we had not even 5 minutes ago.

I gaped widely at him. "Are you for real?"

He hesitated sarcastically, before nodding. "I'm real."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, but were you dropped on your head as an infant? Or were you just born stupid?" I asked.

His glare hardened, and I squirmed uncomfortably. His big brown eyes staring directly into my eyes, directly into my soul. For a second I felt hypnotized, but quickly shook my head and blinked.

"You shouldn't really say those things." He threatened, turning his head from his glare. His ruffled, curly hair flung with every move he made, mostly of turning his glare from me.

So I guess he did bring his hair forward.

I guess someone doesn't like to be insulted by the Queen's daughter.

Wait, Tessa! A voice in my head said. Just because you found out you're the Queen's daughter, does not mean that you can boss people around, becuase that makes you rude and selfish.

I don't know, but for some reason, I'm kind of attracted to him.

I mean, who wouldn't be though? He's completely gorgeous, despite the fact that he's utterly annoying and I haven't known him for even 10 minutes. But, take away that, and he was just completely and overly gorgeous.

"Shall we be on our way?" He asked, nodding towards the opposite direction from the village.

"Uh, no. Phelan and I were on our way." I corrected, petting Phelan's soft fur.

"So his name's Phelan!" He exclaimed, crouching down to his level.

Thelion started petting his fur and Phelan growled viciously. I smirked, making sure he couldn't see me. He abruptly stood up, dusting the snow from his detailed pants.

"I've never really had a relationship with animals." He admitted.

"I wouldn't expect you to." I said, "You don't seem like the guy who enjoys animals quite that much, much less people."

He scoffed. "I happen to have a great amount of friends."

"Doesn't mean there aren't people who don't like you." I said, bending down to Phelan's level. I gently ruffled the top of his head, earning a small hum from him. I sat down completely, knowing that Thelion and I would, probably, start a conversation, since he seems like the talkative type.

He followed my actions, and Phelan laid his head down in my lap.

"There's another person here with you?" Thelion guessed. "And I'm guessing he's a guy..." He trailed off.

"It's complicated." I said.

He shrugged. "No, I totally understand. My relationship was complicated as well."

I gaped. "Relationship?"

"Old relationship." He corrected. His sparkly-brown eyes were focused on mine, and he smiled gently.

"That is, 'a few weeks ago' old relationship." He said.

I nodded, my eyes never leaving his. "I've never been in a relationship." I admitted thoughtfully.