nineteen.

Third Person P.O.V.

TONY RAN A HAND THROUGH his hair in a frustrating manor as a small tear slid down his cheek. He was anxious to not let the other Avengers see that Tessa weakens him, because who knows who they could tell.

Although, everyone knew Tessa was his weakness. He cared and loved for her so much, like she was his own daughter.

There would probably be tabloids about it, that Tessa was his weakness, and some people would try to take her.

But Tony knew it was a ridiculous predicament.

Steve was leaned up against a lab table, standing next to Thor, who was silently standing with his arms crossed and an unreadable expression on his face.

Steve's eyes were narrowed down at the ground as his jaw was clenched tightly from the amount of deafening silence surrounding the group.

Clint was pacing around quietly, keeping himself busy trying to be careful not to make a noise. His face was narrowed like Steve's but he had a different reason: he missed Natasha.

Another thing about Tessa: she spent most of her time imagining people from S.H.I.E.L.D. together as a couple, and her favorite was Barton and Natasha.

Tony had seen whhy Tessa noticed that; it was obvious they cared a lot for each other, and they just looked cute together overall.

"I have a message," Thor broke the silence and everyone looked up at him.

Tony wiped a tear from his eye and Steve looked dead inside.

"From Azeli."

Tony, Steve, and Clint all seemed to forget that Azeli was Tessa's 'immortal name' as they all looked down in anger.

"From Tessa." He said, wording it better for them to understand.

Steve and Tony looked up hopefully as Clint leaned up against a table far away from the little group.

"What'd she say?" Steve asked quickly.

"When did you see her?" Tony asked the same time as Steve asked his own desperate question. Each of their eyes we're wide with hope, hoping that Thor possibly knew Tessa's whereabouts.

"Calm." Thor instructed.

Tony and Steve both took deep breaths before looking back at him anxiously.

Thor hesitated for a moment, silently debating if he should tell half of the Avengers his and Tessa's deal. It'd still be going, right? She would come.... wouldn't she?

"Um....uh-Tessa," the word sounded strange on his tongue, "-and I had made a deal a few days ago-" Thor started off, leaning against the table that was directly behind him. His debate still took place, wondering if he should make a quick lie to cover up the truth for Tessa's sake.

For his brother's sake.

Loki!

How could he have been so stupid?! Concerned and scared for his friend's sake, yet his own brother slipped his mind so carelessly. Thor silently made himself angry at himself, and the Avengers watched with wide eyes.

What on earth was Thor thinking? Steve thought.

Clint was still oblivious to their conversation, arriving in his own secret world, which Natasha would be on.

Tony's bottom lip was quivering slightly, but he bit it. He was not going to let them get to him. He'll get his Tessa back, he'll fight for her.