seven.

"WHY WOULD MY MOTHER SEND THEM?" I asked him.

My mother couldn't have possible done that... could she? I mean, I wouldn't think she'd be that heartless to kill her own daughter. But, then again I am powerful.

Am I more powerful than her?

He looked away from me. "We should get going. We can carry this discussion later on."

I sighed, starting to walk ahead of him,.

Loki walked up closer to me as we walked in arid silence, the quiet deafening my thought and sound.

"So, why have you actually come to Earth?" I asked him as I dodged a tree branch.

"Like I said before, I pleaded to see Earth before I rot in chains the rest of my longevity." He replied nonchalantly.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" I asked him.

"Yes." He declared, his voice sounding perfidious.

"You hide the truth." I told as I looked into his bright green eyes. "You're lying."

He gritted his teeth. "No I am not. I am simply telling you why I have come to Earth. It is nothing for you to come into my business when I clearly don't need your amicable state; as I can clearly protect myself from antagonists. We are both incompatible. It's useless for us to become a team-"

"I'm not saying we should become a team," I interrupted his rant. "I'm offering you a place to stay."

Wait, what?

"I don't need your help." He spat, turning his gaze from me; giving me a inconsequential look in the process.

"You know what? We haven't even know each other for a week, not even a day, yet look at how you're treating me. I'm trying to be nice to you. I'm trying to help you. And I'm not doing this for any reason what-so-ever besides out of what I've chosen myself to do. I'm basically going against my family to help you, yet look at how you're treating me. It's only been an hour and I'm already sick of you!" I ranted.

Loki turned around with a look of clear annoyance.

"Thank you for those rancorous words. Anything else you'd like to censure about me?" He asked me caustically.

"I think that's it." I sighed in exasperation. "I'm sorry."

"No you're not." He replied.

"I'm done arguing with you." I said softly, continuing to walk ahead, not really caring if Loki followed me or not.

* * *

The fountain my gaze shifted to as I walked out of the pernicious woods was quite beautiful.

The alluring blue water flowed out of the top of the fountain as bundles of people's wishes lay at the bottom.

I smiled at the scene.

I felt a presence behind me and a flash of green as it walked towards the fountain, reaching down into it.

"No." I told him, gaining a glare.

"I do what I want." He declared strongly as he gripped a penny.

"You can't take someone else's wish. It's not right." I told him softly.

"I don't really care." He said sarcastically. "What is this?"

"It's a penny."

"How much does it cost?"