thirteen.

TWO KNOCKS ON MY DOOR surprised me, making me jump off of my couch.

You see, last night after I ranted, I would say yelled though, to Loki about 'making people's electricity go out and laugh about it is completely unnecessary', He just laughed at my reaction and said, "Oh it was just a bit of fun, really."

After that, I made him sleep on the couch instead of the guest room. But, Loki being the sassy smart-*ss he is decided to get up in the middle of the night, bang his hand on my door before running silently into the guest bedroom, leaving behind a pile of pillows on the floor outside so I would fall on my face the next morning.

And that's exactly what I did.

"Tessa? You in there?" I heard someone call.

"Oh, no." I whispered as I ran up to the peep-hole to see who it was.

It was my Uncle Brad. Thank God it wasn't Tony or else I would be in huge trouble.

Loki and I would've had to jump through the window before he came in.

Well, just me. I'd leave Loki here.

I still haven't forgiven him for the pillow and electricity incident.

I'm just happy that he hasn't done things like play with my knives or guns or whahtever i have that could kil me.

At least, from what i've see, he hasn't .

Opening the door I stepped in front of it to be greeted with a hug. Wrapping my arms reluctantly around him, I heard some footsteps near.

"Tessa! You're becoming so tall!" My Aunt Barbara exclaimed, messing my hair up on the top of my head like she did when I was a little girl.

Ugh.

They're not really my 'aunt and uncle', they're my cousins . . . that are a lot older than me. They're my mom's cousins, therefore making them my second cousins.

Or maybe not.

I don't get the first cousin, second cousin, three times removed or whatever-that-is thing.

Never have, and never will.

"Hi," I said nervously, running a hand through my hair as the other one fell on my hip.

"Azeli?" I heard Loki call.

"One sec," I told them, holding up a finger as I backed away quickly.

My Uncle Brad murmured to himself, "Azeli?" As I quickly fled the room.

Pushing Loki against the wall as he was about to turn a corner and covering his mouth with my hand, I heard my cousins sit down on the couch.

He wa still towering over me, and that made me feel really small.

"Don't call me Azeli, call me Tessa. Don't use any sign of formally speaking and change clothes." I whispered to him and watched him morph into different clothes.

"You have my word." He mumbled through my hand.

Looking over at my cousins, who had turned on the TV, I whispered to him, "Good," twice while patting what I thought was his hair.

Turned out to be the front of his face.

"Tessa, how have you been?" My aunt asked happily with a smile planted on her face.

It changed into a frown when Loki followed me into the kitchen.

"Who is this?" My uncle asked.

"Um... he's- he's my... my boyfriend?" I stuttered, but it sounded like a question.