032

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 32—

•—•—•

Jiseok slapped Ni-ki across the face, hard.

Ni-ki's head shot to the side, his neck cracking from the force. He coughed, a spray of blood spitting from his mouth. A thin stream dribbled from the corner of his lips.

The others began shouting at the man to stop but he ignored them, a maniacal grin stretching across his face as her raised his hand again.

This time, he backhanded the young boy on the other side of his face, Ni-ki reacting in the same way as before.

Jiseon could see the tears pricking at the corners of his eyes, sparkling in the dim lighting of their cell.

She jumped to her feet, tugging at the chains behind her so hard she thought her shoulders might rip out of their sockets.

"Hey! Don't touch him!" She yelled, straining against the chains holding her back. "You're problem is with me."

"Of course it is, but I know that hitting you won't hurt you. What will hurt you is watching me beat the shit out of your friends."

He spat the last word with so much venom it made her flinch. He let go of Ni-ki and kicked him in the stomach.

Ni-ki's eyes bulged and he coughed violently. He curled up in a fetal position, protecting his torso with his legs where his gunshot wound was still healing.

Silent sobs racked the boy's frail body and Jiseok moved onto his next victim; Sunoo.

The normally bubbly boy was a bloody mess as he was smacked around, the chains around his wrists preventing him from blocking any of the attacks that came towards his face.

Heeseung was next, the man grabbing the younger around the back of the head and smashing his face into his knee.

A strangled cry left Heeseung's mouth before his face was met with the man's knee once more. He dropped to the floor once he was released, barely moving as he snorted blood out of his nose. .

"Kwon Jiseok!" Jiseon's voice was going hoarse from the amount of screaming she was doing.

He had been right. Watching the young boys crumble at the hands of her father hurt her more than any injury ever did.