007

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 7—

•—•—•

Jiseon returned to her room, shutting the door softly behind her and flopping down on her bed. She picked up her phone to check the time; 10:43am. She had roughly six hours to burn until she would start getting ready. And in order to do so, she decided to fuck around on the internet for the time being, scrolling through articles with the newest gossip about everything going on in Seoul. It was the only connection she had to the normal world.

"I don't trust you, and I won't hesitate to kill you if you hurt any of them."

Trust...

Jiseon's fingers froze, mid-tap on her screen. Slowly, she shut her phone off and dropped it on the bed next to her, folding her hands over her stomach.

Trust, trust, trust. Utter bullshit. Especially in this world we live in, in this job that we do.

Jay's words were no surprise. After all, in this particular line of work, no one is to be fully trusted. Not even the ones closest to you.

She closed her eyes and took a sharp inhale of breath. She thought about the current circumstances. Things were bound to turn ugly sooner than later. What if someone were to die? What if Jake died?

No. Stop thinking about it. There's no room for emotions, now.

It's your fault, anyways. You shouldn't have gotten close in the first place. Now look where you've landed yourself.

Mom and dad were right. They always told me to never grow close with anyone.

Connections meant emotions, and emotions meant weakness. There was no room for weakness in my family.

She smacked her hands to her face, dragging them down. She opened her eyes, hands still covering the bottom half of her face. She let out the breath she had been holding, and it came out shakily.

Let's just...get through the rest of the day.

She dropped her hands away from her face, letting her arm dangle off the edge of the bed, the other resting over her eyes. She stayed like that for awhile, perhaps she fell asleep because when she moved her arm to glance at the time, it was nearing 4:00pm.

Had her reflexes not been as polished as they were, she would have jumped about two feet into the air when her door was flung open without a warning. Instead, she simply turned her head to see Jake standing in the doorway.