020

•-•-•

~~~

-Chapter 20-

•-•-•

The group rushed down the street to the alleyway where Ni-ki and Sunoo had managed to stay hidden with the van. God forbid Mark had discovered their location.

Sunoo swung the sliding door open as they approached, ushering them inside as Jake and Jungwon scrambled into the front seats.

Jake started up the van and peeled out of the alleyway, speeding down the road on the stressful journey back to their base.

Ni-ki threw down some blankets and other linens they had lying around to craft a makeshift bed for them to lay Sunghoon down on.

Sunoo grabbed his first aid bag and began the grueling process of ripping Sunghoon's shirt off and cleaning the area around the gunshot wound in his abdomen. The others gathered around, Heeseung having the circulation cut off in his hand by the injured man.

The medic of the group whipped out a pair of sterilized tweezers, giving Sunghoon's shoulder a pat as he reassured him.

"Ok, this is gonna hurt a hell of a fucking lot but I need you to stay still until I get the bullet out. What's your favorite color? I forgot."

"It's white. How could you forget thaaAAAAaaAHT-" Sunghoon cut himself off with a scream of pain as Sunoo dug the tweezers into his wound, searching for the bullet.

Heeseung shoved a rag into his mouth to prevent him from biting his tongue as the younger man began to squirm and writhe in pain. He himself stopped from crying out as Sunghoon crushed the bones in his hand.

"Hold him!" Sunoo ordered, sweat dripping from his forehead.

Ni-ki and Heeseung held Sunghoon's arms down while Jay and Jiseon wrangled his legs. Blood was still spurting from the injury and Jake's eye flickered up to the rear view mirror, his grip on the steering wheel tightening at the sight.

Jungwon was turned around in his seat, biting his lips as he watched the scene before him. He was worried, yes, but he knew Sunghoon would pull through.

"Aha! I got it!" Sunoo cheered victoriously after a few minutes of poking and prodding, holding up the bloodied tweezers with a chunk of metal pinched between the prongs.

The others let out sighs of relief as they let go of Sunghoon who had exhausted himself by shouting the whole time.

Sunoo hastily put down his specimen and made quick work of re-cleaning and patching up the now empty hole in Sunghoon's torso. Said man soon slipped into a light sleep, allowing his body to begin the recovery process.