030

•-•-•

~~~

-Chapter 30-

•-•-•

Jiseon awoke to a pounding headache. She didn't know how long it had been since she'd been knocked out, but she knew it had at least been awhile.

She cracked her eyes open, finding herself in a very unfamiliar place. It was for sure not anywhere near Enhypen's base, she knew that much.

She was in a concrete room, one wall taken up by a bunch of vertical metal bars.

A prison cell of sorts.

It was dark and damp, shadows cast over a majority of the space. It reeked of cigarette smoke, only adding to its disgruntled appearance.

She surveyed her surroundings, catching sight of her seven other companions in varying degrees of consciousness.

Jungwon was beside her, already fully alert, his eyes locking with hers as he noticed she was now conscious as well.

Jake, Jay and Sunghoon were stirring awake, adjacent to them and groaning as they sat up. Jiseon was sure their headaches were hitting them, too.

Heeseung, Sunoo and Ni-ki were still out cold. The three of them were sprawled out in different positions across the room from her.

Jiseon was worried for the youngest as his wound was still in the process of healing and no doubt moving him from his bed was not the best idea.

She made a move to edge closer to him but the clank of chains and a restriction on her movement brought her attention to a much bigger problem.

She and the others had their hands chained behind their backs with no leeway whatsoever. Those chains were nailed firm to the walls behind them.

Jiseon winced as a sharp pain snapped in her head, most likely from the place she had been hit. She prayed there was no internal damage as that would have been the worst-case scenario.

"Argh, shit. My head's killing me." Jay growled, shaking his head to rid himself of the pain. It was then that he, too, realized their predicament. He scowled. "They really chained us up like dogs, huh."

"That's quite fitting for you, I'd have to say." Sunghoon shot back at him snarkily, the corner of his mouth stretching up in a smirk. His eye was twitching as he suppressed his own headache.