013

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 13—

•—•—•

Jiseon was on the road, fingers wrapped so tightly around the steering wheel her knuckles were turning white.

She was speeding through traffic, eyes glued to the street in front of her. She took turn after turn before screeching to a halt in front of a run-down building in an older part of the city.

Jiseon shoved a sheathed knife into her waistband, piling bullet magazines into her pockets, and an extra gun into her back pocket. She held another in her hand, flicking off the safety and cocking it.

She then hopped out of her truck and sprinted to the entrance of the building. The doors were falling off and she bursted through them, almost ripping them off of their hinges.

A couple of casually dressed men started running at her, shouting and pulling out guns of their own. She walked calmly, aiming and firing a single bullet at each man who in turn began dropping like flies.

The woman worked her way through the building, clearing each floor and reloading her gun whenever she ran out of bullets.

She reached the top floor, an iron-y stench wafting up from the lower floors. Blood spattered her gray shirt, droplets of crimson liquid dotting her face and arms.

One room at the end of the hallway had its lights on, visible by the bright glow leaking into the dark hall from behind a closed door.

Jiseon swiftly covered the distance, guard up and gun pointed in front of her. She reached the door and kicked it open, instantly sensing motion to her left and firing a shot in that direction.

A deep shout was heard as the man stumbled back, clutching at his side as his long blonde hair covered his face. It was Kang Yeosang of Ateez.

Another flash of movement to her right caught her attention.

The gun was knocked out of her grip and she snapped her head to the side to avoid the heavy fist thrown her way.

The tall brown haired man threw another punch, his larger frame overtaking hers as she danced around him. She blocked his next attack, aiming one of her own at his exposed torso. The man grunted when her fist made contact with his ribs, and he swung at her again.

Jiseon saw the glint of a knife and leapt away from him, but not soon enough. A searing pain tore through her body as she held her side, a deep laceration was visible through her shirt which was quickly turning dark as the wound spurted fresh blood.