001

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 1—

•—•—•

"I'm telling you, Heeseung, she knew who I was without even looking at me! And she even mentioned Jake! How could that be possible? We're always so careful when we do our business."

Jay had returned home, quite agitated, after his encounter with the strange woman. She had coincidentally been at the same spot where he was assigned to take out a dirty business man. The black case he had been carrying was sitting open on a metal table, revealing its contents. A sniper rifle, similar to the one the woman had been using.

"That's strange..." Heeseung mused aloud, watching as Jay snapped the case shut and placed it in a low-set cabinet, next to several identical looking cases. "That man had been a target of ours for months. It's impossible that someone else would have been looking for him as well."

The two young men were lounging in the basement of their home, Heeseung sprawled out on a rather lavish looking red velvet couch. Jay was emptying his pockets and holsters of all of his guns and knives he had brought with him on his mission.

The basement was massive; the walls were lined with shelves and cabinets filled to the brim with a variety of tools and weapons, mainly guns and knives. In the far left corner was a full on shooting range, with several different kinds of targets. Moving targets, still targets, and even life-sized dummies, all riddled with bullet and knife holes.

To the right of the shooting range were many large mats covering the icy cement floor, meant for combat practice. Thick layers of plexiglass separated the sections of the basement, clearly marking each area as its own.

"Mm, I just remembered. She mentioned Jake's name like she knew him and talked to him recently. I thought we all agreed to cut ties with outsiders years ago." Jay said, angrily tossing the last of his weapons back into their proper places. "Let's go up. I need to talk with Jungwon about this one, maybe he'll know more about it than we do."

Heeseung just shrugged, wincing at the loud clank of metal hitting metal and peeled himself off of the couch. He pushed his hand through his gray hair and followed the younger man up the stone staircase and through the doorway leading to the rest of the house.

Just like the basement, the house was huge. An actual mansion with high arcing ceilings and hallways branching off in various directions, doors lining both sides.

The basement door led up into a large open room with a brilliant chandelier hanging delicately from the ceiling. The front door was directly opposite from the basement, a grand entrance which could be described as...too much. The double doors were a smooth caramel color, framed by extravagantly carved moulding and tall windows on either side.