016

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 16—

•—•—•

A couple days after the incident at the warehouse, Jiseon was holed up in her room, going through emails on a laptop she had retrieved from one of her caches.

She was seated on her bed, dressed in a pair of comfortable black joggers and a white tank top. A pair of rounded spectacles were perched on the bridge of her nose.

The room was still, disturbed only by the clacking of her nails on her keyboard. She had avoided the other tenants of the house for the previous days, save for Jake and Heeseung, her guard having built itself back up again due to the recent events.

A tentative knock vibrated through the air, her eyes shifting from her screen to the shut door on the other side of the room.

"Who is it?" She inquired, voice smooth and hushed.

"It's me, Ni-ki." A deeper voice came from outside the room, only to be met by no response from the woman, imploring the younger boy to continue. "May I come in?"

Jiseon sighed and shut her laptop, placing to the side and swinging her legs over the edge of her bed. "Yes." 

The door slowly creaked open, presenting the tall, slim teenager with his hand still grasping the doorknob. His black hair was messy, a fatigued expression overtaking his sharp features.

Jiseon took notice of this. It looked like he hadn't been sleeping well at all. She felt a twinge of sympathy for the boy.

Perhaps it was because he reminded her so much of Youngjoon that she couldn't help but subject the worries of an older sister onto him.

"Ni-ki." She beckoned him closer, whisking her glasses off of her face and setting them on the nightstand. "Come here.

Ni-ki swallowed hard before pulling the door shut behind him and shuffling over to where she was seated. He stopped a few feet away from her, avoiding her angled eyes which searched his face curiously.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, crossing her legs and folding her hands in her lap. Her long black hair hung loose, draping over her exposed shoulders.

"I..." Ni-ki trailed off, shifting his weight from foot to foot. "I couldn't stop thinking about what you said at the warehouse. Every time it comes back to my mind, I just feel so guilty."