036

•—•—•

~~~

—Chapter 36—

•—•—•

It was a modest, two-story home with a large basement built underground.

It was painted a light shade of gray, the window trimmings and doorframe a bright white. The front door was a striking deep blue color as well.

The three of them walked up the driveway and across the short path that led up to the door.

As they approached closer, Jiseon noticed how everything appeared much newer and cleaner than she had remembered it being.

Of course. She thought. This isn't the real world. Things are bound to be different.

And different they were.

As soon as they entered the home, she sensed something was off.

Not in a bad way, per say. But there was something, well, a lot of things that were missing. And it was very blatantly obvious what it was once she realized.

The house was exactly as she had remembered it being when she was growing up.

However, there was no sign of anything that had relations to her father.

Absolutely nothing.

No pictures.

No belongings.

Nothing that every would have been associated with him was present in the home.

"Mom, there's-" She began, but her mother cut her off, knowing exactly what she was thinking.

"Yes, there's nothing that has to do with that bastard here." Hyesoo's tone had turned bitter, surprising Jiseon as she had been nothing but pleasant thus far. "I refuse to link myself with that man after what he did."

"I see." Jiseon hummed, taking in the familiar sights and sounds.

She ran her hands along the back of the couch in the living room which was what one walked right into upon entering.

"Come." Hyesoo beckoned her two children to sit down on the couch. She had placed a tray with three steaming cups of tea on the coffee table in front of it.