Forty Six

Son Chaeyoung's POV

Do they need to kick me out when they talk?! Geez. It's been 15 minutes since they did that and I'm here all alone waiting for them to call me back. I guess I'll just read the chats and messages sent to me.

Manager Unnie called me. What for?! I dialled her number.

Hello. Son Chaeyoung! You are alive?!

Pfft. Yah! Of course. Why you called?

Will you refrain from ghosting me? I'm still your manager.

I know. I'm sorry. It's just I'm busy. So, what is it?

Tsk. You're really good at ghosting cub. Well, you see PD-nim wants you to return asap!

Eh? I'm still in suspension right?! And, I'm not returning there not until I'm finished here.

Ugh! As expected but Cub.. the arts and design team needs you. You know the drill.

No buts Unnie. I'm an idol not an arts and design team employee if they forgot.

Haiist. I guess at least I tried. Just don't extend staying there. And, send me your flight itinerary. I'll pick you when you came back .

Ne~ Thank you Unnie. I hope Tzu and Dubu didn't do anything stressful for you.

Speaking of those two, they are quite behaved lately and it bothers me a lot. It looks like Momo is seriously looking out for the two.

I see. So, at least you only have me to look after.

Well.. yeah that's true but I know you're with parents. So, I have nothing to worry, right?!

Yeah! Bye now Unnie. See you soon. Take care.

Bye. Take care.

--

Mina's POV

This is an awkward silence we have here. I shouldn't kick Chaeyoung out of here.

How are you? I asked her.

Well, you can see I'm getting treatment but I'm feeling good because I have a pretty hot nurse taking care of me. She proudly said to me.

I agree she's pretty but she's an idol not a nurse. I confidently uttered while crossing my arms.

I heard her chuckle. She's weird.

Well, I'm just teasing you, Mina, for stealing her from me. She said.

Eh? What are you talking about? I asked her.

No need to deny it. She just told me the truth and I scolded her for agreeing. She told me.

I-I didn't mean that. I stuttered.

It's fine. She's old enough to decide what's good or bad. But, please don't hurt her. She's been hurting a lot lately. She honestly said.

I won't..I love her. It just took me a long time to realize my true feelings. I explained looking at her eyes.

Yeah. It took you longer that I had the chance to spend a night with her. She teasingly said.

I glared at her. She smirk  at me. What's wrong with her? Does she need to remind of that?!

That night she was heartbroken when she saw you with Kenji in a private restaurant in Japan. She planned to confess her love to you. She added.

I widened my eyes upon hearing it.

She what?! Wait! Don't tell me I'm the reason why she drink that night?! I asked her.

She nodded.

No way?!

I'm telling the truth Mina because I'm also there. It's the day Kenji pushed me away but it doesn't matter anymore because I don't care about him I used to be and I love someone else. She said.

And, it's Chaeyoung? I asked her.

She nodded while smiling.

You can't blame me though since she's lovable and adorable. She's perfect. She said smiling.

She's smiling but her eyes are sad.

Geez. Why do I need to be sick? She irritatedly asked herself.

She's crying.

You know what? if I'm not sick, No way, I let you have her! Never! She said exclaiming how she's not in favor of us.

But, what should I do? I'm getting weak day by day. And, I'm afraid I'll hurt her more than you did. I'm coward. She added.

Hey. You are here to get better. And, there no way I'm letting you to have her too.

I know. She said while tears kept on falling from her eyes.

So, Mina.. Please don't take her for granted. Please don't hurt her. Please stay by her side. She said while sobbing.

I know. I promise.  You don't need to tell me. I know her for how many years. I said.

She nodded.

I look at her and I can't help myself to be threatened by her existence. She's almost perfect. If I didn't make a big move I don't know if I will have the chance for the girl we both love.  The way Chaengie takes care of her is special in many ways and it makes me jealous. I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself to think the night they spent together. Their connection is special compared to ours.

Hey. Mina. She called me.

Hmmm..

Please give us more time to spend together. She's going back to Korea not more than two weeks and I want to be with her. She asked.

I sighed. Well, she's Chaeyoung friend after all.

As long as you know your limits. I think I can let her spend her remaining nights here with you. I said.

I saw her smile widely. She's happy.

Thank you Mina. She said smiling at me.

No need to thank me. She's your friend and even I'll tell her not to spend time with you she's too stubborn to listen. We've been together for how many years and she's known for that. I reasoned out.

I heard her laugh.

So, she's really stubborn. She said as if she's amaze to the knew information she knew.

She is!  And, a cute trouble maker. She's secretive. She's kind and considerate. I added.

She's selfless. I heard her mumbled.

She look at me.

So, you should take good care of her Mina. I'm worried that her selflessness can harm her in the future. She worriedly said.

Of course. I said.

We talk about random things after that serious talk. I also told her that Kenji might still have feelings for her but she just shrug it. She told me that they are over.  Poor Kenji. She even ask me not to tell Kenji about her condition.
--