Fourteen

The two girls silently sitting beside each other in the car they rented for five days.
The younger girl wearing a hoodie jacket and cargo pants while the other girl  wears a sleeveless shirt and pants.

"We are here." The driver said.

Chaeyoung opened the car door and left as soon as the driver stop the car.

Massachusetts General Hospital. She read.

She confusingly look at the other girl who seems nervous to walk inside the hospital.

--

Son Chaeyoung's POV

It's another hospital again.. Is she sick or what?

Hey.. Are you okay? I asked her out of concern.

She nods.

I guess I'm back here, again. She mumbled but heard it.

Again?

Let's go! She said so I followed her inside.

She go in the front desk asking for Dr. Smith. She pull a paper from her bag and gave it to the girl.

You can proceed to Room 102 and wait him there Ms. Han. The girl said.

So Hee never asked the direction she seems already familiar with the place so all I do is to follow her until we arrive at the Room numbered 102. She look at me before going inside.

Uhm. Chaeyoung.. I'm going inside.. Can you just wait me there? She asked me.

I look at where she's pointing. Its a bench where the patient or maybe watcher can seat and wait. I look  back to her and nod.

I let her in first before going to the seat she pointed. I can't help myself to scan the place and read whatever is posted in the wall until I read "Cancer is a part of our life, but it's not our whole life."

My curiosity kicks in when I saw patients going out from the room where So Hee went in until the old lady who just left out the room is crying while cupping the younger one's face. "It's just a cancer mom. I still can fight." The younger told as she caress her mom's back.

Cancer? Does it mean? No! Maybe she's just there to meet someone. She looks healthy and fine!

It's been two hours but she's still in there. I tried to text her but didn't replied yet so I decide to roam around the hospital to help myself busy rather than sitting.

Heart Station. I read.

As I walk in the silent hall of this station, a man voice suddenly call my real name which made me flinched as I remember the voice of my Dad.

Katarina?! He said.

I turn around just to see that it's really my father with his bodyguards.

What are you doing here?! He asked almost yelled.

I got scared for a moment. He's still that Dad I used to avoid.

Speak! He said.

I am with a friend. I said not looking at him.

You're still the same! You can't even look at your father's eye! He seriously said.

I look at him. "How about you, why are you here?" I took the courage to asked him.

I saw him frown. So, I bow down my head. He's quiet for some time until he walk towards me. I get so scared thinking if he will hurt me again for asking.

He stopped in front me all I can see is his shoes.

Go home! We need to talk. Bring your friend with you! He said with authority.

I just nod my head and never look in his face. I just stood here waiting to be slap but something has changed. My father just left me here without laying a finger on me.

It took me minutes to process what's happening. I take the courage to look at his direction but all I can see is his back walking away from me. My knees felt weak from the nervousness I felt from his presence, I lean my back to the wall as for my support. My heart beating fast as I can't control how frightened I am knowing that my father wants to see me again. A lot of thoughts and bad memories flashing in my mind that's not helping me to calm down as of the moment until I receive the reply I was waiting telling me that she's already done. I took the courage to stand up straight and walk where she told me to wait.
--

Han So Hee's POV

Series of test was conducted on me that I never realized it's been more than two hours Chaeyoung is waiting for me. As the Doctor told me that we are done, I opened my phone just to see her messages which made my heart a little happy.

So Hee Unnie? Everything okay there?

Unnie? It's been an hour. Are you sure you are okay?

Unnie? I'm bored. 🥱

Unnie.. I'll just roam around. Text me if you are done.

I texted her the moment I read her last message that I find cute. I went outside the room and wait her in the bench I pointed her to wait for me.

Ten minutes had passed and I already see her walking towards me.

Hey. Everything good? She concernly asked me.

Yeah. They run series of test that's why it took longer. I said.

Series of test? Are you sick? She asked.

Yeah. I'm waiting for my Laboratory results. I hope I'm not sick, again. I faintly smile at her.

Again? She curiously asked.

Yes. Again. I said as I pull her down to sit beside me.

Are you not feeling good lately? She asked me.

I'm okay. Don't worry. I said.

She looked at me with her sad expression.

Hey.. hey.. Don't look at me like that. I said.

Like what? She asked.

Like.. like you are concerned about me. I mumbled.

But. I am.. She said.

You are? I asked her not believing what she says.

Come on.. She whined.

She looks so cute  when she's whining.

I saw him here today. She nervously said.

Who? I asked her.

My Father. She said while fear visible in her eyes.

I blink my eyes multiple times to process what she said.

Hey. Did he do something to you? I asked her out of my concern. I cupped her face to look if she have bruises and check on her head to toes.

See. You are also concerned about me. She said smiling at me lovingly.

Our eyes met and my heart skip a beat.

Excuse me? To bother you two but the results are already here. Dr. Smith said looking at me and Chaeyoung teasingly.

I suddenly stood up but my heart still beating fast. The hell is wrong with me.

Is she your girlfriend? Dr. Smith asked.

Uhm.. No.. she's my friend. I quickly answered.

--