Before You

Chapter 29: Before You

It was gloomy weather. Elena has called Stefan at least fifty times for the past half an hour. He said he was supposed to come back home last night but he wasn't. Elena just put little Elia on her crib. Even she was upset and missing her dad. She was pointing outside with her little finger. Elena kissed her finger when she said 'Da'. Elena hummed and told her that her father would come home to her.

Elena was sitting on the porch waiting for Stefan to come home. He told her this mission was important for him. She couldn't refuse because she didn't hold any rights on him. He was a free person. He didn't need anyone.

As Elena sitting on the porch she heard car parking outside. She stared at her front as she saw a dark shadow. It was getting dark because of the rain which was going to show up anytime.

The dark shadow looking person started walking towards the porch. She got scared because she couldn't see the person's face. She held her gaze and with a little lightning vault from the sky she got to see the person. It was Stefan.

He looked tired like he hadn't slept in weeks but still managed to come home to her. She got up and started walking down the stairs. She was crying as she ran towards him. The rain started. She came to his face, groped his cheeks as she pulled him closer to her lips. Her lips made him feel more alive as he ever be. He wrapped his hands around her waist, picking her up from the ground while Elena deepening the kiss. It was a hell of a time but totally worth it.

"I thought I lose you" she said crying.
He smiled softly. "You could never lose me, Elena."

"Stef! Stefan!" Stefan groans as he stirs up. His eyes are close shut, groaning in pain. He slowly opens his eyes to see his brother. Stefan puts his hand on the back of his head. "What happened? I was kissing Elena in the rain" he says groaning. Damon rolls his eyes. "Really? Because I don't think that's the Elena you were kissing in the rain" Damon says pointing at his left. Stefan follows and sees a man's body. He looks dead.

Suddenly it hits on his head that it was a dream he was having because the man over there has knocked him out on the ground pretty badly which causes him to pass out. "Fuck" Stefan yells. "You okay?" Damon asks rubbing his hand on Stefan's shoulder. Stefan nods painfully. Before Damon could help Stefan to get up he yelps in pain as one of the goons hit Damon's back with a heavy metal. "Son of a bitch" he rolls on the floor. Stefan eyes follow.

"Damon" Stefan says then kicks on that man's ankle. "You're so dead" Damon hisses as he gets up and starts beating the shit out of that man. The goons all seem really weak. They've come to a place where Benjamin is supposed to be.

"Klaus, you handling good?" Stefan asks while fighting with a man. "Never been better mate" Klaus yells as he chokes another one against the wall. "They're...." Damon says flipping one of them on the floor and breaks his arms. "Very weak. With this little energy they really thought they could get to my niece, hell no" Damon yells as he smashes the man's face. The man yelps.

They fight with the rest of them. Stefan, Klaus and Damon are injured but they caught them in the right time. Local police come to arrest them. Klaus wipes his blood from his mouth. Damon holds his wrist which he hurt while fighting. Stefan looks around.

"Benjamin isn't here. Where he could be" Stefan says. Damon huffs. Klaus squints his eyes as he joins Stefan to look for him. "No, he's not. Ask one of them" Klaus says. Damon runs and punches the man. "Where's your boss?" He holds on the man's throat. He yelps in pain. "I.. do.. not know" he says between his teeths.

Stefan and Klaus look at each other. Damon asks another one but he says the same. Damon aggressively let go of the man. He puts his hands on his waist. "You're not going to like what I'm thinking right now, Stefan" Damon says widely staring at Stefan. "We need to go home. Now" Stefan yells as the three of them get into the car.

XXXXXXXXXX

"Aunt Care" Elia hugs Caroline. "Hey, El" she says sighing while holding Elia in her arms. "I never thought you would come over" Elia says smiling widely. "Oh, baby. You've no idea how much I hate my job and want nothing but to spend quality time with you" she pinches Elia's cheek. Lexi and Elena already placing foods for dinner.

"Elia, would you mind to get my favorite serving bowl?" Lexi asks. Elia nods as she walks.

"Have you guys get any news?" Caroline asks when Elia leaves. "Not really. I'm trying to reach Stefan for an hour." Elena says sadly. Lexi seems sad too. Caroline scratches her forehead. "They're going to be okay." Caroline says as she walks into the dining table.

Lexi tries to distract herself. Thinking of Damon's safety will get her more tensed for him. Lexi brings a pot filled with white pasta. Elena looks at it and the smell causes her to run like hell in the bathroom. "What happened to her?" Caroline asks pressing her eyebrows together.

"Don't know. She's been throwing up since the morning and looking really dull. I thought it's because of the stress she's been for Stefan..." Lexi says softly. "Or maybe she's pregnant" Caroline announces. "I'm not pregnant" they both hear Elena coming out of the bathroom. "I just don't like the smell" Elena says pointing at the pot.

"It's your favorite" Lexi says. Elena huffs. "Not anymore." She drags the chair out to sit. "Or maybe you're pregnant" Caroline flips her hair. Elena's gaps her mouth open. "I'm not" she almost says in annoyance. Caroline gives her judgy look which causes Elena to turn red. "Okay, fine. I don't know. Maybe." She announces out of frustration. Lexi gives her a serious look. "Wait! You slept with..." She pauses.

"Stefan. I've slept with Stefan" she says. "Once?" Caroline asks. Even in Caroline's mature era, she acts like a teenager when she's around with her favorite people. She need details. They are always interesting. "I've been sleeping with Stefan" Elena says looking away from them. "Oh, you're so doomed Elena" Caroline says causing Elena to open her mouth widely. "I mean, I'm happy for you. Elia needs to know" Caroline says clapping excitedly. Caroline knows Elia would probably hate the idea of having a sibling at the age of 15.

"No, I'm not sure" Elena says. "You need to run a test." Lexi says showing more concern. "Yeah, I know" Elena says. "Hey, I got the bowl" Elia says coming in their direction causing all of them to shut their mouths. Elia notices some tension and awkwardness. "Am I interrupting something?" Elia asks in confused. "No, baby. Come sit" Elena smiles.

"You're not but I'm" they all look at their back as they see their unwanted guest standing on the front door. All of them stand up immediately. Elena pulls Elia by her back to bring her closer to her.

Caroline already picks out her gun and points at him. He smiles.

"Lexi. Take Elia out of the house" Elena says. "What?" Lexi asks in shock. "Take Elia out" Elena orders. Lexi nods. Elia's already started crying. To get Elia out they both need to cross the door and there he's standing. Lexi holds Elia's hand.

He takes few steps back and gives a hand that they can go out. Lexi holds Elia tightly as they both get out of the house. "No, mom." Elia cries, turns back to see Elena but Elena ignores her. She's giving Benjamin her death glare. Caroline still points the gun at him. "Do you need invitation?" Benjamin asks. Caroline doesn't move as she's ready to end him anytime.

"Caroline, go" Elena says softly. Caroline eyes drop at her. "You can't be serious" Caroline says. "Just go. I can handle him" Elena says looking straight at Benjamin. "Elena. I can't" she says loudly. "Caroline Forbes. It's an order. Go and get the back up and tell everyone I've the most wanted criminal in my home" Elena says loudly, raising her chest. Benjamin smirks. Caroline drops the gun and shoves it back to her pocket. She can't deny the order.

She walks out but before that she looks at Elena one last time. Elena nods her head. Caroline knows what she needs to do now.

Did you like the Stelena rain kiss? Someone on Instagram told me to add it so I thought to write it.

Only one chapter left to end the story. Thanks for reading please vote and review.