Him and I

Warning: Contains child abuse. You can skip it if you don't want to read the part.

Chapter 9: Him and I

"Elenaaaa" he called her dramatically as he took lousy steps ahead. Elena was holding her breath in her closet. She was covered in sweat hoping someone would come and save her.

"Elenaaaaa. Come out, come out wherever you're" he called her. "If I find you, you know what I'm going to do with you, don't you?" He said in his childish voice. Elena sobbed hard and tried hard not to make any noise.

She heard him coming in her room. She gasped. She panicked. She closed her eyes as she remembered her old days. Those beautiful days when she and Jermey used to play around their house. Miranda would chase them down and started tickling their tummies. Grayson would take them out. They used to be a happy family but then the accident happened and Elena's life fell apart.

She heard the closet door open. She gasped. "Gotcha" he said giving her a sinister smile. "Please don't. No" she cried. He held her arm and dragged her out of the closet.

"I'll be a good girl. Please, let me go" she begged. He didn't stop. She kept begging him to let go off her but he never did.

She tried to fight him back but she was only ten. How could a ten year old child could fight against a giant looking man who was nothing but a monster.

He threw her in the bed. She squirmed but he locked her hands. "If you only behave.. I'll let you go, I promise." He wishpered into her ear. Elena felt disgusted but obeying him was the best option for her in the moment.

So, she gave in. "Tell me, you're going to be a good girl" he demanded caressing her chin. Elena looked up. "I'm going to be a good girl" she said in sob. "You'll be my girl" he said smiling. "I'll be your girl" she said sadly. He smiled. "Good, now where were we?" He said as he got up.

Elena's eyes widely open when she realized what he was going to do with her. "No, you promised you. Please. Don't" She yelled screaming but she knew nobody could hear her.

XXXXXXXXX

Stefan takes Elena in her room. Klaus texted him saying he found something and to meet him in an hour. Stefan sighs. Finally they're getting closer to the lead.

He tries to put her in bed but the way she's holding her like she's scared to lose herself. He's the only thing she's trusting right now.

When Stefan tries to put her in bed, she can't let him. She squirms and tries to get deeper in him.

She's looks so innocent and so broken. He looks at her. He feels disgusted thinking about the childhood she must have gone through. If only he was there for her, he'd do anything for her to save her from the monster. But that ass died. Thank God! But also Stefan have this regression that he couldn't be the one to end him.

He sits on the couch and places Elena in his lap. She holds onto his shoulder as she lays on his chest. She's so warm but also cold. He takes off his coat and puts on Elena. He gently kisses her head. An hour later his eyes get tired. So, he let himself fall asleep.

In early morning Stefan wakes up. His body is sore. The lack of body movements he had because Elena was wrapped into his arm all night long. He shrugs his shoulder after putting Elena on bed. He picks up his coat. A sudden air cover Elena's face with her hair. Stefan smiles as he couldn't help but taking the strands out of her face. If only she was in her sense, he was sure his arm would have been broken, by her.

He gently strokes her cheek and sighs. This situation reminds him of the old time they shared together. He still lives in those moment.

"How's she?" Stefan hears Bonnie coming in the lobby. Stefan just have his coffee. "Yeah, she's fine now" he says in his dorky voice. "What happened there?" Bonnie asks standing next to Stefan.

"The light went off. Elena's claustrophobic." He says not looking into Bonnie's eye. He skips the whole step dad thing. Who knows if Elena ever reported about her childhood experiences.

"You know Stefan, you can tell me anything. I know about her past. Her step dad" Bonnie says causing Stefan to look back at her. He keep staring at her then leans his head down.

"He left scars in her and she's the only one who could save herself" Stefan says blankly. "But you... You did a good job" Bonnie caresses Stefan's shoulder. Stefan smiles. "We're family after all." "But she's not only your family" Bonnie corrects him k. Stefan licks his lip. "The mother of my child" he says pressing his lips together. Bonnie smiles. "The mother of your child."

XXXXXXXXX

"Elia" Lexi comes downstairs. Elia's already taking her hot chocolate out of the oven. "Oh, you're in uncle's shirt and it's inside out" Elia points out. Lexi looks at herself. Shit. She grabs the first thing she found in her room and it's Damon's shirt. She's embarrassed. "El, it's..." Elia cuts Lexi off.

"That's okay, Lex. Maybe a little warning next time" Elia gives a sinister smile at Lexi. The walk of shame is still in there. "Uncle Damon.. and you're in Lexi's robe, wow..." Elia says putting her hand on her eyes.

Damon is standing near the stair. "We exchanged" he says coming to hug Elia. She hugs him back. "I missed you, munchkin" he says. Elia close her eyes. "I missed you too" Elia says.

XXXXXXXXXX

Elena's been searching for Stefan since she woke up. She remembers laying against Stefan's chest. She was in there but didn't have the ability to move on her own. It was like someone controlled her. When she woke up, she felt alone. He wasn't there. It felt good sleeping on him. It felt like home.

Technically Stefan has a lead and they're discussing about it so Stefan's out. Elena's condition isn't well. So, their supreme told her to take the day off and report her condition.

She mostly spends her day in her room thinking about her past stories. She didn't want to remember them so she unlocks her phone and looking for Elia's picture. She can't even keep her only child's photo on her phone. Yes, Stefan have Elia's photo on his screen but she can't because people will know they have a child together. They only reported that they were neighbors. Only Matt, Klaus, Bonnie are Caroline know their history.

She hears his door unlocking. She almost flies and open her door. He hears her. He turns back. They stare at each other awkwardly.

He thinks she's probably mad and wants to yell at him for taking care of her. Self righteous Elena can't let anyone help her even when she's on the cross. He looks at her. She does the same. Her eyes fall on her feet.

"Stefan, I..." He cuts her off.

"I get it, how dare of me to help you out there. You'd prefer to die than taking my help. I should have left you there. How dare I touch you and let you sleep on me. I took advantage of you and I'm sorry for helping you Elena. I would never do it again." He puts his hands together as he bows and says just like the way Elena would have said.

"I only wanted to say thank you" she says. Finally. Stefan squints his eye. "What?" He asks in disbelief.

"Thank you" she says coldly because he just ruined her nice moment. She really wants to thank him like she meant it now she doesn't want to thank him anymore.

"Pardon" he asks again cocking his eyebrow.

Elena roll her eyes. "Thank you, Mr. Salvatore. I owe you" she says "And I'll pay in some way" she adds pointing her finger at him as she turns her back and closes her door.

Stefan sticks his lip out as he keep nodding his head. What just happened? The great Elena Gilbert actually thanked him. She's actually thankful for something he did. That's unbelievable. But he liked what he heard. It was probably the worst way to thank someone but at least she owes something to him. He smiles like a child as he gets into his room.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.