Reason

Chapter 16: Reason

He loudly fell on the ground as his fist hit on his face so badly. He held his face as looked up at his big brother. He was furious. His nose was crinkling. He was taking deep breaths out of anger.

"You got someone pregnant. Are you insane? You fucking got someone pregnant, Stefan." he yelled. His eyes fell down. He wasn't embarrassed that he was going to be a father but their legacy, their value, their oath, they job... It wasn't really a right time to start a family. Besides he was just 21 year old.

"I didn't mean to.. Damon. Believe me. It just happened" he said in a whisper which made Damon angry more. "Didn't mean to but it happened? What are we going to tell our parents? Huh? Oh! look, the junior Salvatore couldn't keep his dick to himself and got someone pregnant. Forget missions. Forget jobs. Forget everything" Damon yelled as he took the glass from the table and smashed it on the floor.

Stefan sat on the floor. He knew he was going to face his elder brother's anger. They remained silent. Damon composed himself because showing anger at Stefan was total waste. They had to face the reality.

Damon had his hands against his hip. "What she does for living?" He asked. Stefan licked his lips. "I'm asking a question, Stefan. What she does for living?" He raised his voice.

"Um... She's..." Stefan fidgeted his fingers. Didn't know how to say that the mother of his child was literally a child.

"Stop babbling." Damon ordered. "She's a high school student. She's almost sixteen" Stefan said ignoring to look at Damon.

Damon bent his waist. "What?" He asked in disbelief. Stefan said nothing. He let out a laugh which Stefan knew wasn't funny. "God! You really love fresh young things, don't you? We've sent you as a student teacher to get informations not to get someone pregnant. Now what are we going to say to her family? How do we gonna face them?" Damon asked.

Stefan finally got up. "She has no one to call her own. I'm her only family" he said even though he wasn't sure if Elena thought he was her family. Damon shook his head. "You know you've risked her life the minute you got involved with her? The job we've is dangerous. I don't even remember the last time I hugged my girlfriend. I broke up with her because it was for the best. We put the people we love first before our own needs, Stefan." Damon said in a guardian tone. Stefan always hated to be lectured but this time it was much needed.

"You ruined her life. You risked her life. Now, you're going to ruin your unborn child's life's too" Damon said.

Stefan remained silent. "What's her name?" He asked in a soft tone. Stefan sighed. "Elena Gilbert" he said. Damon narrowed his eyebrows. "The girl who had been abused by her step father?" He asked and Stefan nodded. The fact was Damon's first mission was to find a person who was dealing drugs, human trafficking and the person happened to be Elena's stepfather. He remembered when he arrested that bastard and was so sick of him when he heard the things he did to Elena. She was so little. Damon had a chance to talk to her before she ran into her aunt.

"But her aunt.." Damon paused "She died. Cancer..." Stefan said. Damon brought his hand against his mouth. "And you couldn't find anyone less screw up than her?" Damon asked. "She's not a screw up." Stefan said in defense. Thought he needed to say it out loud.

"I would never take advantages of anyone. I made love to her is because I love her." He finally confessed causing Damon speechless.

XXXXXXXX

"You slapped him?" Lexi says in an aww as she hands a drink to her husband. Damon nods giving his signature grin. "My brother was screwing a fifteen years old girl" Damon says. Lexi slaps his arm. "It's not screwing her over, dickhead. He loved her... In someway he still loves her. They were just unprotected" Lexi says. "Well, we did a lot too but we never got one" Damon says raising his eyebrow. "Yeah, three minutes of you inside me? Sure" she calls him out. Causing Damon to stand up that did hurt his masculinity.

"Excuse you, you were the one kept slapping my ass, ordering me to hurry." Damon reminds her. That is true. She kept pushing him to do in hurry and he had to because she somewhat gotten so feisty when he made love to her.

"I was scared of you only because you were really strong.. Stronger than me so I gave what you wanted" Damon says kissing lexi softly. Lexi giggles. "Sure, my hot husband." She says. Damon sits back. "And I'm still stronger than you" she reminds him. Damon nods.

"So, I never understand.. I mean I love taking care of Elia and I love how I get the duty to protect her but I still never get the answer. Why are we literally keeping her in this cage? What's the danger she's in?" She asks. The truth is Lexi actually gets the job to keep Elia safe and Stefan Elena both made Lexi Elia's legal guardian. They came up with a contract where Lexi could take care of Elia in Stefan Elena's absence.

Damon lick his lips. He knew someday Lexi wanted to know it. Lexi never questioned before because she thought it was a very short time thing. Stefan Elena both handed Elia over to Lexi when she turned five.

"Remember Elena's step father?" Damon says. Lexi nods. "Yeah, you told me and I saw it on the news. He died in jail" Lexi says. She remembers watching the news.

"Turns out he's not. He faked his death and now roaming around us" Damon says causing Lexi to widely open her eyes. "What?" She yelps.

Damon looks worried. "He faked his death and escaped jail. He even sent death notes to Elena that how he's going to kill her child, Elia. Elena never got those because Stefan got them first. He talked to our boss and he gave full security to keep Elia safe. John is a very wanted criminal and we have to catch him no matter what" Damon says.

"Why aren't we telecasting it on the news?" She asks. Damon disagrees. "No, we can't. The last horrible thing he was going to do was bomb plantings and he failed. We don't know when and how he's going to do it but sure he would do it. We can't risk civilians. And he promised he would kill Elia" Damon says looking at Lexi. Lexi is already bursting into tears.

"Elena knows nothing?" Lexi asks with her shaky voice. Damon says no. "Stefan's keeping it a secret from her. Even I understand why he got mad at you. He just wanted to protect his child. His daughter." Damon says stroking Lexi's arm. Lexi take his hands in hers. "I promise you. I'll sacrifice myself to protect Elia. Nothing's going to happen to our babygirl.

Damon brings his forehead against hers. "And I'll die to protect the both of you. Nothing's going to happen to our babygirl."

Imagine Damon being matured like this on the show.

I promise y'all I'll bring Stelena more in next chapters. This Lexi Damon conversation is much needed. Thanks for reading please vote and review.