An Oath

Chapter 26: An Oath

Elena quickly gets up after taking few hours of sleep with Stefan. They need to go to the hospital to see Elia. Lexi hasn't called which means there's no new news of Elia.

Stefan doesn't protest when Elena gets up. Because right now it's not their time to talk about what's happening in their life. He quickly gets ready too. Sleeping beside Elena always boosts up his energy.

"We definitely need to talk" Stefan looks on his left at her in surprise. Elena's not that type of a woman who talks about stuffs, specially about hook ups. Even though Stefan knows he's more to her than just hook ups.

"We should." He says. "After Elia gets well" they both say together. "Don't worry, she'll be alright." Stefan says. Elena hums. Without their daughter their life means nothing.

XXXXXXXXX

"Remember when Stefan forgot to wear his pants because he was so busy talking to his client over the phone" Caroline says causing both Elena, Lexi laugh out loud and Stefan slightly turns red as he roll his lips. Damon pushes Stefan with his shoulder. "Remember Caroline, you peed in your pants?" Stefan says. Caroline scoffs. "Yes, when I was kid. We all did. Try harder" Caroline sticks her tongue out.

They're just trying to keep them sane but everyone's scared, hesitant because of Elia. It's been a few days and still she hasn't gotten her sense back. They all are nervous. Stefan knows Elena faked the laugh or trying to force herself happy and normal.
He hopes to get his daughter back.

XXXXXXXX

"Elena" Lexi yells standing outside of Elia's room. Elena's just coming from the lobby, holding her coffee. Lexi's excitement causes Elena to throw the coffee in the trashbin. She runs. She stumbles back to steady her speed, standing outside of Elia's room.

She's awake. She looks tired but has a warm smile on her face. "Hi, mom" she says barely. Elena couldn't help but cry. She cries as she walks near the bed. She leans down and gives a soft kiss on Elia's forehead. "Hey, baby girl" she says closing her eyes. A tear drop on Elia's forehead. "You had us worried" Elena says, caressing Elia's cheek.

"You've been worried about me since the day I was born" she says. Elena presses her eyebrows together and gives Elia a confused look.

"Don't worry, mom. I know everything. I've been suspecting many things for a long time. And I get to know before I..." She pauses. She breaths heavily. "Lexi, call the doctor" Elena yells. Taking out the oxygen mask and puts it on Elia's mouth. "You'll be alright. Just breath, baby. Breath" Elena says with her shake-y voice.

"Mam, I need you to wait outside" the doctor says. Elena puts her hand on her chest, nodding. She lets the doctor examine Elia.

"She knows" Elena says to Stefan. Stefan immediately left everything when they informed him that Elia got her sense back. "Knows what exactly?" Stefan asks trying to see something by looking at Elia's room.

"About us. She just told me that she knows about us. I couldn't get specifics. She has trouble to breathe" Elena says sadly. "How's she?" Stefan asks sliding a hand on Elena's arm. "She was better. I hope she's" Elena eyes fall down. "She'll be okay" Stefan says gently leaning down to kiss Elena softly. She accepts the kiss from Stefan.

After they break the kiss, they find Caroline and Lexi and Damon standing on their behind looking at them surprisingly. "When did that happen?" Caroline asks giving both Stefan and elena the judge-y look. Lexi speaks over her shoulder "I don't remember the last time you kissed me in public, Damon."

"So, you guys like back together?" Damon asks pointing a finger at them. Both Stefan and Elena give them a parenting look and choose to walk away.

XXXXXXXXX

"It wasn't accident, Elena. It happened on purpose. There's so no way the fire happened on its own. I've people who check out the house not once but twice everyday. "I know" Elena says silently. "It's him. It definitely has to be him" Stefan says by clutching his jawline, fisting his hand.

"Hey, Stefan. Look at me" Elena says groping Stefan's face. "We'll get him before he gets us" Elena says. Elena can feel his hot breath coming and going through his nostrils.

"We'll. He dared to hurt Elia. Succeed once but it won't happen again" Stefan says rugly. Elena nods. "We'll... We'll do it now." Elena assures him.

"We will not let him hurt us, never" Stefan says taking her hands into his.

"Now or never" Elena says resting her forehead against Stefan's.

"Now or never" he whispers.

Only 4 chapters left of this story.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.