Consume Me

Chapter 19: Consume Me

"No, this veil doesn't go with the dress" Caroline said by throwing it off Elena's hair. Elena scoffed. "It does. See this cute little stones, they are beautiful" Elena said. Caroline rolled off her eyes. "Just because I'm a private investigator that doesn't mean I'm not a girl. Okay? Maybe I could never get to be married but seeing you in a perfect dress with a very gorgeous veil would make me feel like I got married" Caroline grined.

Elena put her hand on Caroline's shoulder. "Hey, you'll get married someday. I'm now only getting married because I got knocked up" she said as she rubbed her a very growing belly. She was 8 months pregnant.

"I'm even showing, see!" She moved her body so her belly bounced a bit. "I don't want people to call my daughter the B word" Elena whispered. Caroline jerked. "Nobody's going to say that to her. She'd be loved, protected by all of us" she said as she bent down and kissed Elena's growing belly.

Elena smiled. Suddenly Elena's phone rang. "I'll get it" Caroline said handing the veil to Elena. Elena nodded.

"Hello, Damon, Elena's speaking" Caroline joked. "Damon?" She asked when she didn't get any response from him.

Elena looked over her shoulder. "What's wrong?" She mouthed. Caroline licked her lip looking at Elena. Her excited blue eyes just turned out sad.

"What's going on?" Elena asked. Caroline stared at the floor unable to look at Elena. "Tell me. What did Damon say? You're scaring me" Elena asked in concern.

"It's Stefan" Caroline said with her broken voice. "He said he's sorry" Caroline said.

"What do you mean?" Elena started crying. "I'm so sorry, Elena" Caroline hugged Elena as she started sobbing in Caroline's arms.

XXXXXXXX

"I'm sorry. I was too harsh to you" he hears her saying. Stefan is leaning against the railing, looking outside. "No, you said the truth. I abandoned you when you needed me the most. I shouldn't have done that" Stefan says not looking at her way.

"I understand. You were scared. So was I. But we can't hold the past forever. We need to move on" Elena says. Stefan turns back to her. Did she really say to move on? She's the one making everything difficult for them to move on.

"Am I hearing you right? You just told us to move on?" He asks airing his index finger. "Why did you go back to being an asshole again?" Elena asks as she turns her back at him to go. He thinks she's joking but she isn't. They should just accept their fate and move on. They've been holding each other with hate, guilt, pain for the last sixteen years.

Stefan immediately stops her by the arm. "No, no. I liked that. Us moving on" he says. She nods and gazes at his green eyes. She can see herself in there. Those are so green and clear.

"We had to move on eventually. We share a daughter after all" Elena says trying to sound more mature. Stefan huffs. This is the moment he's been waiting for so long. He wanted her to forgive him. He wanted her to have a proper conversation with her and not to act like teenagers.

"Let's go back to the room. We have to go early" she reminds her. Stefan's butterflies are already flying inside him but a sudden guilt and pain overcomes him. Elena notices how his astonished excited face gets hard like he's keeping something from her.

"What's wrong? You okay?" She asks gently with concerns. Stefan doesn't know if he should just tell her or wait for the right moment to tell her. He doesn't want to ruin their functional moment but also don't want to tell her later so that she could blame him again if something goes wrong.

"Lena, there's something you should know" he has said her nickname after a long time but his serious concern face masks her ignore it.

"What?" She asks. "John never died. He's alive and he's after Elia" he says looking sternly at her.

Elena's mouth gaped. What did he just say? He's alive? The man who have abused her in every possible way? "Whaaa. What? How?" She mumbles.

"He faked his death and escaped and he has planned some biggest plots to destroy this town, Elia and ..." He stops.

"And me? He wants to harm Elia just to teach me the lesson" she finishes.

Stefan looks down. Elena's breath hitches. Al/ she tried to protect her daughter from everything but now John being alive, she's not safe at all. He's going to take Elia away from them.

XXXXXXXXX

"Hey! We won't let anyone hurt Elia, okay?" Stefan says after finding Elena leaning against the window looking outside of the room.

Elena chooses to say nothing because she's crying silently. All those hurt, pain, guilty has been coming back to her. The past she's been running from is now knocking at her door.

When Stefan gets no response from her he dares to walk towards her. "Elena, please. Talk to me. You just told us to move on. You should know I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you and Elia" Stefan says. He gently put her hands against her shoulder making her turn back at him. She's so broken and fragile.

Elena's eyes are red. She's been crying silently since the moment she steps in. Stefan leans his forehead against her. He just wants to make her feel that he's here for her. This time he's not going to run. He's going to stick with her.

Their lips are two inches away. Stefan has no intention to kiss her and pretty sure he knows she has no intention either. Being close with her is enough for Stefan.

Elena looks at him still resting her forehead on his. Suddenly, she leans and press her lips on Stefan's lips softly. Stefan freezes.

When the kiss ends, their forehead touch breaks. Stefan looks at her surprisingly, trying to process what just happened. Elena kissed him. Elena FreaKing kissed him. She initiates the moment by her own.

Before he could think any further Elena kisses him and this time he kisses her back. Elena holds him close by his back while Stefan's gently press both of his hands around her hips, pulling her closer to him.

Soon enough the sweet soft gentle kiss turns into full of passionate make out session. Is this her way to feel the hurt? Or she really wants to be with him right now? Stefan thinks as he kisses her more passionately.

If this is how she wants, he intents to give her what she needs. The back of his knees hit against the bed when Elena walks him back near the bed. Stefan spins Elena and makes her fall first on the bed without breaking the kiss. She falls on the bed with him, stroking his cheeks, deepening the kiss as long as they can. This is going to be a hell of a passionate night when two lost dead souls are going to find each other again.

Thanks for reading please vote and review