The Moon (Mami x Moon Drabble)

Very short bit from a drag race France au I've been working on
----

Mami had always been called a night owl. The night was quiet and peaceful and kept her safe and away from the stress and high energy that the day brought. That's what she always told her friends. She told them that just watching the moon and its stars always gave her the peace she needed after the day. And that was true. But in reality, there was something she was hiding from them all.

She wasn't alone when she enjoyed the night. In fact, she was a lot closer to it than anyone thought.

Mami stood out on the balcony of her bedroom, gazing up at the clear night sky in wait. The stars seemed to glow brighter than ever. And so did the moon. As if it was drawing closer and closer to her.

Maybe because it was.

Mami smiled as the white light began to take shape, forming into a girl who drifted towards her. Even more light swirled around her fingertips and ankles, her hair waved over her shoulders in the soft breeze, and when her eyes opened, they glowed with the stars of galaxies beyond Mami's comprehension.

The smaller girl stepped onto the balcony, looking up at Mami with a small smile. The freckles on her pale face seemed to sparkle, like those too were made of stars. "Good night."

Mami beamed, reaching out to take the girl's hand that felt weightless in hers. "You came."

"I always do, don't I?" The girl giggled quietly. She stepped closer, her head leaning against Mami's chest. "I'd be lost if I didn't."

"You'd be lost?" Mami questioned, raising her free hand to run it through the girl's hair. When she pulled it away, her skin was covered in sparkling stardust. "Imagine how I'd feel."

To Mami's friends, she was just a night owl. She was someone who preferred the comfort of the dark and the quiet and peace it brought. But what they didn't know was that the moon was Mami's.

And Mami was Moon's.