37

BECKY'S POV

The next day, she brought me the schedule. Our lessons would be for two hours, from 4pm to 6pm. And although two hours was a long time to study, it wasn't enough time to spend with Freen.

"Why don't we make it 3 hours? From 4pm to 7pm." I asked knowing fully well that she won't agree. But well, it doesn't hurt to try.

"Don't push it Becky, we both know you can't study for two hours straight. In fact, we both know that you don't want me to tutor you. Your objectives are not yet clear to me but I'll find out soon.

Anyways, our session will be three times in a week. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We'll meet in this lecture hall after..."

She stopped when she saw my face of disgust.

"Fine, where would you like us to meet? The library?" I didn't say anything but my facial expression remained the same.

"Let me guess! You want us to do it at your house." She rolled her eyes seeing the big grin on my face as she finally spoke my mind.

"Fine! Let's do it at your place then"

"Do what at my place?" I asked teasing her.

"Are you seriously trying to talk dirty with me right now?" She said trying to put on an angry face but she failed as I could see a smile been held back.

*****************************

She gave me the schedule on Tuesday and on Wednesday, she came over during the evening for our private tutoring session.

I was so excited to have her over. I had prepared snacks waiting anxiously for her.

I had many guesses on how this study session would go. My plan at the end of this day's session, is to make her stop hating me. Even though we can't get back what we had, I don't want her to hate me.

But my entire plan backfired. She came and she was all business. No smiling, no jokes. She just brought out her textbook and it was just study! study!! study!!!

And the more I tried to change the topic, the more I got her angry. At the end, she stormed out of the house since I wasn't "ready to learn" according to her.

*****************************

This went on for over a week. It was evident that the only relationship Freen wants to have with me is that of tutor and student.

She came in on Wednesday and immediately brought out the textbook without saying anything else.

"You're doing everything possible to remain professional with me, huh?" I asked trying to start up a conversation

"Are you scared that if you let your guard down, you'll fall for me?" I teased

"Becky?  Believe me, that will never happen. Didn't I get shot because of you? And yet you're still talking about me falling for you?

If you really cared about me, you should have kept your distance from me, so that whatever happened before, doesn't repeat itself.

But here you are, trying to make me fall for you again. Insisting that I feel something for you. 

To be honest Becky, I don't know if I really, voluntarily enter into a relationship with you in the past, but I'm very sure that you didn't care about me then or now. And that is why you're coming close to me again so that your father will just finish me off this time."
She said before turning to the textbook in front of her.