35

BECKY'S POV

It's hard navigating school-life without Freen by my side. It's so painful to know that she's just few blocks away but I can reach her.

I know I said the amnesia was a blessing in disguise, but I'm starting to wish she remembers everything. Because it hurts more, being with a broken heart whilst Freen doesn't even remember or thinks about me.

Wellington, which used to be fun,  wasn't as it used to be.  Everything that seemed colourful before, just seemed gray now. The lecture halls, hallways, cafeteria and library, all seemed empty even though they were filled with students.

Time passed and I just can't get Freen off my mind. I hid it deep inside and put on fake smiles in public but my heart was broken.

I stay up all night thinking, "why can't this feeling just fade away?" And when I finally fall asleep, there she is, right in front of me again.

I was too distracted to think of anything else. I lost my will and purpose.

And as if the frustration was enough, on a fateful day, I went to class and there she was in my corporate management class.

"What is she doing here? " I thought to myself. I didn't take up corporate management in my first semester because obviously, I don't want to stress my already stressed brain.

Corporate management is one of the most difficult courses in business school and YES it's compulsory. But students skip it until second year.  Sometimes repeating the class. But Freen cleared it in just one trial and in her first year.

She has passed the course already, so imagine my surprise seeing her in my corporate management class.

I usually go late to class and YES I make a scene walking in before sitting down on my favourite seat at the  back. But while walking in today, I immediately saw her.

Like in that crowd, she's the first one I saw. Our eyes met and my entire world stood still.

At first I thought it was just my imagination but I quickly realized that it was reality. Others students also suspected foul play as they watched Freen and I staring at each other.

When I came to my senses, I went to my seat and sat down and the class continued.

All through the class, I was just picking quick glances at her. I didn't hear even a word been said by the professor.

All of my attention was on Freen. Questions kept on running through my head. "What is she doing here? She already passed this class so why is she retaking it? Is she here because I'm here? Does she want to get to know me again? So many questions I kept on asking myself without answers.

All through the entire lecture, Freen never looked at my direction, not even once.

After the lecture, I froze. I sat down there looking at her as students walked passed me murmuring. Freen got her books into her bag and started walking towards me. Actually she walked towards the door but that's where I'm seated so..

I watched as she got to me and walked passed me. A voice inside of me told me to go talk to her but I shut down the thought.

I sat down and she walked out the door. Just then, I couldn't still the voice anymore. I gave in to the urge to talk to her. I ran out of the hall and just there, I saw her beside the door.