11

BECKY'S POV

Wait what just happened? Did I read her wrong?

Just now it felt like she wanted to have sex with me but now she's being so rude to me?

All I wanted to do was help her. I asked for her dad to be promoted and also give them a permanent residence in THE DRAGON'S BREATH but she's calling me selfish because I was trying to help?

*****************************

I like her and it's not because of sex. She just doesn't have any agenda.

I've never been myself with anyone but that time we spent together at the cabin, was the only time that I was myself and she didn't judge me.

YES!! she was being a bit mean to me but that is what even attracted me to her because she was real with me.

People fear and respect me because of my father, some are friendly so that I'll talk to my father about investing in their businesses while others are friendly to feel important.

But not FREEN. She was mean and scolded me even though she knew that she will definitely be dead if my father hears about it.

When she was nice it wasn't because she wanted me to put in a good word for her father. She was just being sincerely caring.

And when she was friendly, it wasn't because she wanted to feel important.  It was because she saw the real me.

She saw me as a human being, she corrected me when I was wrong and wanted nothing in return. 

Unlike every other person I've ever met who wanted something in return for being in my life.

I like her for understanding me. She knew when I was sad, when I was lonely and when I needed scolding and she stayed by my side even though it wasn't her job to keep me safe.

I don't know the meaning of the feelings I have for her but I know that I want her by my side.

I know that I want to talk to her about  everything going on with me and how I'm hurting because no one cares about my feelings.

They all just make plans and expect me to just follow blindly.

No one understands me. I've been alone my entire life, even though I had a mother and father.

They only see me as a means to an end. Just like everybody else, their love comes with a price.

And the price I have to pay this time, is to marry someone I don't love and have never met before.

The only reason why my father got out of the mess that almost took his life was because of a frenemy of his, Mr Melendez (PAWA).

Mr Melendez helped my father fight the rival gang and defeated them all on the condition that I get married to his son, PAPI.

My marriage to PAPI will finalize without me even knowing or seeing who I'm getting married to.

All I know about him is that he's really arrogant and brutal and never listens to the opinion of others.

He kills any servant of his that makes him angry and he invest all of his time in trafficking hard drugs.

I don't want to get married to a cold-blooded murderer and drug trafficker. But I can't say "NO" to my father because it won't make any difference.

Mr melendez I've already made a bargain with him to save his empire and that is all he cares about.

I have always known that I was only born to be sold out on some business deal and finally the deal is here.

PAPI Is a heartless beast but my father didn't care about that. All he cares and think about is BUSINESS! BUSINESS!! BUSINESS!!!

I needed someone by my side. Someone who would listen to me. I need someone who cares about the real me and not about the "LAWD" attached to my name.

And the only person that sincerely cares is Freen but I don't know how to communicate with her because whenever I open my mouth, she just hates me more and more.

Why am I so bad at communication? I don't know how to go about it. I don't know how to make her know that I need her and I'm not trying to play games with her.

How can I make her understand that I need a friend, a true friend and in all nineteen years of my life, she's the only person that has shown me true  and pure care.

"I really need you Freen. I don't want to marry PAPI but I know that if nothing is done, in two weeks, I'd be married to a beast In human form."

*****************************

I stood there as Freen angrily stormed out of my room. I didn't even know what I did to upset her so much but if the only person that I think cares about me can't see my pain, then I don't even deserve to be alive.

To be continued....