43

BECKY'S POV

I placed the phones back where I saw them and went back to bed, pretending not to have seen anything.

I couldn't believe what I saw. He is one of the people I trusted with my life.  I thought he was on my side.

I still didn't want to believe that Lamon has been the one spying on me this whole time. But it was as clear as day.

.

****************************

.

Very early the next morning, I rushed back home. And didn't hesitate to visit different place. Places where Freen and I have met before.

I collected every CCTV footage around  areas with CCTV cameras that I could remember, and  spent the entire day watching the CCTV footages.

And when I was done, I knew beyond all reasonable doubt that  Lamon is indeed the spy.

He has always been close by. 80% of the times I met with Freen,  Lamon was always around there, hovering.

.

Many of the CCTV cameras captured Lamon hovering around me wherever I went.   He has been the spy all along.

I can't believe he's the one. Not even once in a million years would the thought of Lamon ever betraying me, cross my mind. But he is the one.

Of course my father is really cunning. Why use a complete stranger to tail me when he can use my inner circle?

.

.

Why didn't I think of it. I'd easily suspect everyone else but not those I call my own. And so he bought someone in my inner circle.

Someone I call an ally, someone I see as a friend and I believe would never hurt me. That's the person he chose to spy on me and I was blind to it the entire time.

And to think that he had the guts to play my fake boyfriend while spying on me, made me even more furious.

I could have him terminated or tortured immediately but something else bothered me. The other burner phone had a number that I seem to recall seeing on PAPI'S phone.

During my supposed date with PAPI, a number called him. And while he ignored the call at first, the contact captured my attention.

It was saved "LOVER" and although I don't really care, I took note of the number,  thinking it was his lover's number.

.

I was going to use her to prevent my marriage to PAPI but since things ended well, I didn't need her anymore.

But that same number is saved on Lamon's other burner phone as "LOVER" also.

It's no coincidence that both saved that number with exactly the same name "LOVER" it can't be that they're both dating the same person.

Even if they were, why would they both save her name on their contact list as "LOVER"?

No! It's not the name of a romantic partner. It must be code for something else.

Something that connects them. PAPI is of the PAWA SYNDICATE and so Lamon must have dealing with the PAWA SYNDICATE too.

If he's a spy, secretly relaying information to the PAWA SYNDICATE, does that mean Lamon is actually a member of the PAWA SYNDICATE pretending to be a member of the DRAGON SYNDICATE?