13

BECKY'S POV

I don't want to get married to PAPI. But there was no way I was going to tell my father that.

Maybe PAPI would understand where I'm coming from. He has also never seen me before, so maybe he also doesn't want to get married to me.

I told my father about arranging a dinner date with PAPI so that we'll get to know each other better.

My aim wasn't really to get to know him, I just wanted to tell him about my refusal of the marriage proposal.

I wanted him to know how I felt about our arranged marriage to each other and I prayed that he also doesn't want to get married to me.

My father arranged the dinner date and that evening, I went to see PAPI for the first time.

When I got to the restaurant, I saw him sitting down, waiting for me.

He was nicely and richly dressed. It was so evident that he has a lot of money from Just by appearance.

When I saw him waiting for me, I presume that the stories I've heard about him weren't true.

He must be a gentleman to have arrived early and waited for his date.

I went to him and we exchanged pleasantries and I sat down opposite him.

He called on a waiter who brought two wine glasses with a wine bottle for us to sip, while we went through the menu to pick our preferred dishes.

We engaged in small talks while eating and then I brought up the topic which actually brought me on the date.

"PAPI, how do you feel about getting married to someone that you've never met before.

I have never imagined getting married like this.

I'm not really a romantic type but I wanted to get married to someone that I fall In Love with.

Or even though we don't fall in love, I just... I don't know, I... I wanted to get married to someone that I have known.

Someone whose character was okay with me and who can also accommodate my character.

What I'm trying to say is that, What do you think about getting married to me because we practically don't know each other?"

I asked puppy try not to sound too rude.

He stared at me surprisingly for a while and then burst into laughter. He laughed to his satisfaction and then said:

"Love is for the weak. Getting married to someone I love is something I would never do.

If I love someone, it becomes a distraction and all I do, is to eliminate my distractions.

My business is the only thing I can love. My business is my LOVER and if any other person tries to occupy that space, I will destroy that person.

Nothing can come between my business and I.

Miss LAWD, you're really funny. Did you really think that I would ever love you after we get married?

The only reason why I agreed to this marriage is because of the profit it will bring to my TRUE LOVER which is my business.

Don't ever expect me to love you in the future because the moment that start happening, I will have to get rid of you. and you won't like the methods I'd use in getting rid of you.

Hold on one second, is that why you wanted to have dinner with me? You wanted to tell me to call off our marriage?

Miss Becky LAWD, you going to be my wife whether you like it or not and believe me, it's going to be hell for you."

PAPI stood up and stormed out of the restaurant showing me just how rude, arrogant, proud and heartless he is.

He doesn't care about me or our marriage. All he wants is to increase the profit of his business by getting more connection out of my father's business.

I am just a business project and when he has no need for me, he's just going to get rid of me.

He's not even scared. He's telling me to my face that he can kill me whenever you wants.

I can't get married to someone like that.

What am I supposed to do now? My father won't listen to me if I talk to him about this marriage and about PAPI.

His words to me are commands, commands which I can never go against but maybe I can talk to Mr Melendez, PAPI's father.

Maybe he's going to reconsider everything. I can probably make some other deal with him rather than selling myself to be married off to a heartless beast.

I really wanted someone I could talk to about everything going on in my life and so I started visiting FREEN regularly.

But she never wants me around. She mostly avoids me or ignores me.

She doesn't know what I'm going through and whenever I try to bring it up with her, it felt like she doesn't want to hear it.

I kept on visiting her over and over again wishing that she will Read inbetween the lines and see that I needed a friend, a real friend.

But no matter how hard I tried, she never sees my pain. She only saw the bitchy and arrogant part of Me.

****************************

Since my regular visits to her house did not change FREEN'S attitude towards me, I decided to carry out the second part of my plan which was talking to Mr Melendez.

I went to Mr Melendez's office to talk to him. His office is situated at the other part of town and the building was very secured with armed men.

"Master PAWA is not available today." One of the armed guards told me when I asked about Mr melendez.

I had to go home and return the following day but I was told the same news that Mr Melendez wasn't available.

I waited for hours but whenever I asked if he had arrived, I got the same replies.

Since he wasn't around, I went back home and came back after two days.

But even then, they kept on telling me that Mr Melendez wasn't available. I refuse to take their word for it this time.

I stormed into the building and since I was getting married to PAPI, they can't actually physically touch me or restrict me from going wherever I want because that will be their end.

I found my way to Mr Melendez's office but truly, he wasn't in his office. When I force myself into the office, PAPI was the one sitting down there attending to business.

To be continued...