4

FREEN'S POV

I was by the seaside with some indigenes when I heard her scream.

I got scared. Have they found out about her? Are they here to kill her? I didn't know what to think.

I just got up and ran as fast as I could to the cabin. When I open the door, she was being tied to a chair by a man.

I didn't care to know who he was or why he was doing it. I just rushed towards them.

He turned around and was about attacking me but I run swiftly to him, dodged his fist and punched him on both side of the shoulder blade.

That weakened him and I hit him on the back of his knees and he fell, kneeling on the floor.

I untied Becky quickly and quickly tied him to the chair ready to interrogate him.

Why did he try to hurt her? Who sent him and how did they know where we were?

I almost failed my mission. He could've killed her. Why didn't he just kill her if that was his mission?

I was still trying to wrap my head around everything when Becky ran into my arms and hug me tightly.

She must have been really scared. She was crying and I couldn't help but feel pity for her.

She was helpless and I wasn't there to protect her. I was out been distracted.

I tied him up and started asking him questions

"who sent you and why are you here to hurt her?" But he wasn't responding.

I guess I have to do it the hard way. I punched him severally on his face which made him bleed profusely.

"I said who sent you. We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way but either way I'll get the truth out of you so you better start talking." I screamed at him.

He wasn't ready to talk yet and so I went to my bag and brought out a screwdriver.

"I'll keep removing each of you finger nails with this and believe me, it gonna hurt like a bitch."

I was about starting when he screamed

"wait! wait!! wait!!! please I don't know what you're talking about. Nobody sent me. You both are foreigners here so I just thought you had money and that is why I came to steal.

I thought nobody was at home but when I saw her I just wanted to shut her up and take what I could from you guys "

I was relieved when I found out that he was just a local indigene of the town.

He was just a petty thief  looking for something to steal from us seeing as we were new in town thinking that we had money on us.

But what if that wasn't the case? What if someone really had found us out and they had killed her?

I was being sloppy and distracted. I need to pay more attention to her.

I needed to pay more attention to the reason why I am in this rural residence.

I always left her at home alone but after what happened, I started taking her out with me anyway I went.

I won't be able to live with myself and I don't think the "DRAGON'S HEAD" will let me live If anything had happened to Becky.

And so Becky became my second wheel. We went everywhere together did everything together and although I couldn't stand her, I had to take her with me so as to protect her.

She was actually very naive in so many ways. I thought her how to fish, how to cook and even do laundry the local way.

She was actually having fun and for a second, we both forgot the fear that we've been having because of her Fathers.

With time, I discovered that she wasn't really that bad. I mean, she is bad at everything but she was humble and she treated me like a human being.

Unlike before that I was less than even the livestock ready to be butchered  for her meal.

We talk and sometimes, I laughed as a jokes. I guess I started seeing the good in her.

The good that I've never seen since she was four years old.

She was actually really beautiful too. Her grumpiness was shading her beauty but it's finally coming out.

Now that she's smiling and laughing and and being open-minded to the world I guess beauty is also coming out to the surface.

Wait!!! what am I saying? Am i really talking about Rebecca Armstrong? .

No! No!! No!!! She's just putting on an act. I shouldn't let my guard down with her.

I should just do everything possible to get back home to my father.

To be continued...