15

BECKY'S POV

He did everything he could to find me but he couldn't find me. I knew about everything going on in the DRAGON'S BREATH because I had my people stationed there also.

Soon, I heard that FREEN'S father had been fired from his job as one of my father's personal bodyguard.

"He will survive and look for a better job."  I thought to myself. Although I felt like my father was being merciful to him.

He doesn't fire his workers. Especially those very close to him. He'd rather kill them than allow them go out there with his secrets.

What is he playing at? Why did he fire FREEN'S father?

That man is very dedicated to his work and never complained even as my bodyguard.

What has he done to make my father so angry? 

Wait is that what he meant by "hurting everything and everyone I care about?"

He is going after FREEN. He must have discovered that I care about her from my frequent visit to her home.

I can't let this happen. I must device a means to get FREEN out of this danger.

I decided to come out of hiding and go get FREEN but my father had placed spies everywhere around FREEN'S house.

Of course, he knew that I'd figure it out and come to save FREEN and so he left people to abduct me on sight.

No matter how hard I tried to get to FREEN, I couldn't. My men would be spotted if they get close to FREEN and that would lead back to me.

So I stayed put and waited for an opportunity to get to her. But then, I heard that she was being arrested for my kidnap.

This has gone beyond it. I can't hurt her because of my selfish desires of not getting married to PAPI.

But even if I return home at this point, FREEN would still die. She is innocent but because I always visited her, my father thought she gave me the idea of running away from home.

He thought we were friends and that she must know where I have been hiding.

But FREEN is innocent. She must be really confused and scared. I must do something, anything to get her to safety.

I became irrational in thinking. I wanted FREEN out of prison and so I call my contact at the police station to get her out but she refused to leave with a total stranger.

I sent some of my men also and they told her that they were working for me but She wouldn't listen to them either.

Over four times, I sent them but she kept on declining their help.

If it continues like this, she will be dead without even knowing the war been fought and so I went to her myself.

When she saw me, she walked up to me, wanting to slap me but she was stopped by one of my men.

She must hate me thinking I caused everything. She's right though. It's all my fault but I didn't say that to her.

"You have to leave right now FREEN." I said to her.

Your life is in danger and I'm sure you know that too." I continued

"Who are all these guys and why am I been blamed for your kidnap? What is going on Becky.

Listen Becky, you better go home and clear up this mess right now" she demanded

"These guys are with me and I've gotten to the point of no return. Even if I return home, you'll still die so just leave the country.

FREEN, you have to leave right now. Get on the next train and stop three train stations from here.

There, you'll see your new passport and other documents. you'll need to leave the country or my father will kill you sooner than later.

He is a very impatient person and the moment he realises that getting you locked up didn't bring me back home, he will kill you. So you better leave right now." I said hoping that she'd listen

"What do you mean by I should leave? you got me into this mess, you should go home and clear everything up.

Why are you doing this? So you just want me to be on the run my entire life? What about my father, won't he be killed once I escape?" She inquired.

"Your father's already waiting for you at the airport. I've also given the two of you new identities.

I'm sorry that my frequent visitation to your house made my father think that you orchestrated my rebellion but if you stay, you'll definitely die."

"Then just go back home and clear up everything." FREEN said trying to convince me

"Don't make me laughing FREEN, do you really think anything will change if I return home?

I know you're scared and hurting but please you have to leave."

She was crying, rubbing her head with her hands and looking around so confused.

She didn't know what to do but one thing she knew for sure was that, if she stayed, she will be dead.

***************************

So this is the price that I had to pay for falling in love with her. I got her only to lose her.

I'll never see her again and it hurt so bad. Worse than when my mother died.

I don't like LOVE, it hurts so bad.

I took her to the train station and personally bought her tickets and watch her gets on the train.

I was drowning in tears inwardly but I couldn't cry out or I'd look weak to my men.

I stood there and watched the train took off and FREEN with it. I painfully watched as she slowly vanished out of my horizon.

To be continued.....