1

FREEN'S POV

"Get down on your knees, YOU IDIOT!!! How many times have I told you not to stand while in my presence?

You're nothing but a rat who lives off the mercies of my father and you dare look me in the eyes?

Do you want me to pluck those eyes off their sockets?"  She thundered down on me.

"I have told you never to look down on me.

When I'm sitting, you kneel down so as to be below me

And when I'm standing, you should bend down.

Never be higher than my shoulders, you bastard!!!" She kept screaming at the top of her voice.

I was a bit taller than her and she hated that. She was punishing me for my height.

As if, I have control over that. I couldn't complain although her complaints were absurd

She's a spoilt brat whose parents gave everything she wanted and protected her under their canopy.

Her father, Lawd, is the head of a drug syndicate.

He is brutal to his enemies as well as his friends. He's emo in life is "TRUST NO ONE"

But his daughter Becky was nothing like that. She never think things through. She just lived a shallow life.

Traveling round the world and lavishing her father's wealth. Making it hard for me to see my father since he must be by her side all the time. As her bodyguard.

She became even worse when she turned sixteen. Immediately after the death of her mother who was killed by a rival gang, to send a message to her father, Lawd.

Becky's mother was sold out to the other gang by her bodyguard and her father made sure he killed that bodyguard and every single member of his family.

I have known her for fifteen (15) years now. I have known her since she was four years old.

Back then, I was only five years old myself and I was privileged to visit the "DRAGON'S BREATH" that's the name of the Lawd's empire.

And since then, I have known Becky to be an ill mannered girl and tried my absolute best to avoid her.

She has always hated me since childhood and I promise you, the feeling is mutual.

She always insulted me and saw me as someone not worthy of being in her presence.

She reminds me of my poor background every chance she gets and I couldn't do anything about it.

Because she was right. I was nothing but the daughter of her bodyguard.

My father goes through worse insults in the hands of Becky but none of us could retaliate because one word from her, and my father would be dead.

I went down on my knees as she instructed to avoid the incoming trouble.

"That's right, you should know your place in the world. Don't try to show your face where the big dogs gather." She said as she slowly got up from her seat walking towards me.

"Ooooopsss!!!!!  I didn't see you there. I only saw a disgusting vomit in front of me and not a human being." She said as she poured the wine in her glass on me.

"It's a privilege for a wine this expensive to touch that filthy skin of yours" she  laughed out loud as she left me there all soaked.

I stood up to go change while she was climbing up the stairs.

And that provoked her yet again. Because obviously everything provokes her.

She came back to me. Walking furiously.

She gave me a hot slap as she thundered again

"did I ask you to stand up? You stupid girl. Get back down on your knees and stay there until I instruct you to stand up."

"I'm sorry Miss Lawd." I said as I went back down on my knees.

I stood up the moment she went upstairs.

Because of course, The moment she left that sitting room, she had already forgotten that she told me to kneel down there.

My father was standing by the side, watching everything but didn't do anything.

I guess he was praying for me not to retaliate. I had a very bad temper, especially when the person in concern is Becky.

But I've promised not to get my father in trouble ever again because the last time was hell for my family.

To be continued...