30

BECKY'S POV

It all happened so fast. Few seconds ago, Freen and I were walking back home hand in hand. She was teasing while I struggled to carry her backpack.

"Who even takes backpacks to lectures?" I frown at her while she laughs at me so loud

Although not my strong suit, I love helping Freen. I was trying to be supportive but look where that has landed us.

•••

The gun went off and I quickly turned around and there she was holding her stomach which was gushing out blood.

She looked at me for like two seconds before turning to her father who couldn't move either.

She looked at her dad who was already in tears but he didn't dare move from where he was standing.

Slowly, she fell to the ground still holding her stomach.

"FREEN!!!!" I scream as I ran to her. NO! NO!! NO!!! Don't do this. Stay with me Freen please. Don't close your eyes. Please PLEASE!!!! Freen please...." I screamed louder as she finally lost consciousness.

Some students as well as staffs were present but no one dares to help who got shot by THE DRAGON'S HEAD.

He turned around and left. At this point, Freen's father couldn't just leave his daughter lying down there dead. He ran to her, "He is a dead man" I heard The Lawd say as he walked away.

We stayed there with FREEN who was unconscious waiting for The Lawd to be completely out of sight before rushing her to the hospital.

At this point, she has lost a lot a blood. Her pulse was faint and her condition was very critical. I cried as I saw Freen's blood allover my body. "This is all my fault. I brought this catastrophe upon her.

She didn't want me. She knew I was trouble and she tried staying away but my stubborn and persistent ass won't just give up. Now she's fighting for her life." I said crying harder

"Why didn't he just shoot me. It's all my fault. I dragged Freen into a relationship with me and she's the one suffering for it." The tears rolled down uncontrollably. I couldn't do anything rather than cry and pray for FREEN'S wellbeing.

We stayed there in the waiting room for over eight hours and the doctor finally came.
"How is she doctor? How's Freen doing" Freen's father asked impatiently waiting for the doctors reply.

I could only watch from afar. He was really mad at me. Because of me, his daughter is in a hospital bed fighting for her life.

"I'm so sorry Mr Sarocha" the doctor said. Hearing those words just made my entire body too heavy for my legs to carry. I fell to the ground as I burst into tears.

"No! No!! No!!!" Freen's father screamed as he held the doctor by the collar tightly.

"You're dead, you're a dead meat Becky Lawd. I'll skin you alive" Freen's dad screamed as he left the doctor and turned to my direction. His eyes were foaming with anger. He really would strangle me but I didn't even care about my life at this point.

When Freen dad was about taking the first step towards me, the doctor said; "She's in a coma. We're not sure if she'll wake up but she's in a coma and she's only alive because of the life support that we put her on."

There was calmness in the air. "She's still breathing" Freen's father said letting out a relief sigh

"No, she's not. She's only still breathing because of the life support machine. But her heart is still beating.

Please don't get your hopes up, she has one in a million chance to survive." The doctor explained and walked away.

Freen's father rushed to meet the doctor. "Can I see her please" he requested and a nurse directed him to Freen's room. I followed from far behind.

And there she was, lying down almost lifeless. I couldn't control myself. "This is all my fault" I said as I broke down in tears.

Maybe I should have just stayed away. I only bring death to those around me and I dragged Freen down that part too.

"Please Freen forgive" I pleaded while down on my knees sobbing.

To be continued...