021

•-•-•

~~~

-Chapter 21-

•-•-•

Just as quickly as it came, a week passed by since the encounter with NCT Dream.

Sunghoon's recovery was going well, he was able to move about on his own without the assistance of another member.

Sunoo still warned him to be careful and not overwork himself or he would personally shoot him again in the same spot. All with a sweet little smile on his face, angled eyes turning into crescents as he did so.

Jiseon's shoulder had also been healing well. She had regained full mobility of her arm, though, she too had been advised to take it easy for at least another week or two. That meant no sparring or shooting a gun with both hands.

The other three that had been in action were perfectly fine. Heeseung's cuts were already scabbed up and beginning to scar.

Jake and Jungwon hadn't sustained any serious injuries, only really having bruises and those had gone away relatively quickly.

Sunoo had diagnosed Jay with a mild concussion from being knocked by Haechan and Mark, but that was nothing he couldn't deal with easily.

Currently, Jungwon, Heeseung, Jiseon, Sunghoon, and Jay were relaxing in the living room.

Sunoo, Jake and Ni-ki were off on a short mission Mr. Bang had sent in, as it required both the medic and the hacker in its description.

Sunghoon was sprawled out on the couch, feet propped up on the glass coffee table as he watched the news on the television. Jay and Jungwon were seated on either side of him, also with their eyes glued to the screen.

In the background, Heeseung had challenged Jiseon to a game of pool. And he soon found himself getting his ass handed to him quite harshly, much to the others' amusement.

"Right, I just remembered." Jungwon muted the tv, ignoring Sunghoon's shout of 'hey!'. "There's been something I've been meaning to do, but it's slipped my mind with all that's been going on."

"And what's that?" Heeseung leaned against his cue stick and ran his fingers through his hair. The gray color had begun to fade, leaving it a very light shade of silver.

"I was going to send you and Sunghoon to spend a few hours at Carnival, just to see how things are running. It's been awhile since we've checked in."