Chapter 32

Decker and Beth had finally found a corner to themselves. Beth turned to Decker and asked "What was all that about?"

Decker responded, "It's about Seth's ex-boyfriend. They dated secretly in high school until senior year, and then dated through college."

Beth was surprised and asked, "I didn't know Seth had a serious boyfriend. Why did they break up?"

"Hunter was a horrible person in high school," Decker explained. "He would literally throw people in front of Seth Face even though he knew Seth was in love with him. Seth confessed his feelings to him freshman year of high school, and then he finally decided to date Seth. But whenever he wasn't up for being a good boyfriend, well, he wasn't a good boyfriend, and Seth was just left heartbroken."

"So Seth loved him?" Beth asked.

"When I met Seth in college, I would say yes, but if we spoke about it after, Seth would say no because he found a different meaning to love. He just wanted to be accepted by anybody, and Hunter accepted him in a way. Not a good one, but gave him a glimpse of what it's like to be with someone, I guess," Decker explained.

"I'll give you a glimpse of how bad Hunter was," Decker continued. "One night, we were at a college party, and I forced Seth to come out with me because Hunter had told Seth he was sick and wouldn't be attending. Seth begged and pleaded with him to let him come over and take care of him, as a good boyfriend should. However, Hunter refused and kept saying no until he finally told Seth that he couldn't make him feel better and to just leave him alone. Then, Hunter hung up on Seth."

"What an asshole! Seth never deserved that." Beth says

"He didn't, but Seth didn't know any better at the time. No matter how many times I told him, it went in one ear and out the other. He would find ways to make up excuses for how crappy of a person Hunter was. So, we decided to go as friends because we are friends. Guess who we found making out with a girl? Hunter. Then, he turned to make out with a boy. This was the same Hunter who was too sick to have his boyfriend over to take care of him or just to sit down and watch a movie. He was miraculously better at the party from what I witnessed. I swear he even saw Seth walk in, but he did not care," Decker says.

"Seth was clearly hurt. He took a deep breath and confronted Hunter, who he was obviously dating. Hunter looked Seth in the face and told him straight out that he was a bad boyfriend, bored of being with him. He also mentioned that Seth was bad in bed and that he desired something more exciting and adventurous," Decker said.

"Clearly, he slept with the wrong person and Hunter was the bad one in bed, but was too ashamed to admit it," Beth said.

" He did," Decker agreed. "Because Seth and bad in bed don't go together. How about phenomenal?" Beth laughed.

Seth walked over to Decker and Beth and apologized, "Sorry, I took so long was helping my parents, but then I couldn't find you guys. Come, my parents want to see you both."

As they walked toward Seth's parents', Decker and Beth tried to tell Seth something, but he didn't hear them. When they arrived at the house, Seth introduced them to his parents, and they all hugged.

"Hi, Mrs. Scott," Beth said with a smile.

"Miranda, you look great!" Decker added.

Seth's mom hugged them both and said, "Oh, Beth, you are glowing! And Decker, I see you haven't lost your charm." "And honey, it's Miranda to you, not Mrs. Scott. Alright, Bethy? Or is that only a thing my son and Decker call you?"

Seth and Decker chuckled as Bethy blushed. "Thank you so much, Miranda. Either one works, or everyone tends to just calls me Bethy."

Finally, Beth whispered to Seth, "We have something to tell you, babe."

Seth looked at her, "What is it?"

Suddenly, they heard Hunter's voice say, "Seth, look at you! Wow!" Seth tensed up, and Decker and Beth exchanged a worried look.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Seth questioned.

Hunter approached them, "Hey, Seth. Long time no see."

Seth replied, "Yeah, it's been a while. For good reason."

"Hold on, Seth. Can I speak to you privately?" Hunter asked, smiling.

"Honey, go with Hunter. Your father and I will keep Decker and Beth company," Miranda said. Seth sighed and walked over to the balcony, gesturing for Hunter to follow.

Hunter smirked, "So, what brings you guys here?"

Seth spoke up, "my parents invited me to the banquet and i brought Decker and Beth with me."

Hunter raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's it?"

"Yes, and if there was anything else to do, it wouldn't have anything to do with you," Seth says.

"Seth, years ago, I couldn't do it because I was selfish from the day you met me. I owe you an apology for the way I treated you throughout high school, both as your friend and boyfriend. I was horrible to you, and I am sorry for everything. I miss you, and it's true what they say, when you lose something good, you spend all your time regretting it," Hunter says.

"Okay," Seth says.

"That's all you're going to tell me after what I just said?" Hunter questions.

"I don't know what you want from me, Hunter. We were together years ago, and I'm over it. You don't hurt me anymore, and I'm sorry for the way you acted in our relationship, but I'm not there anymore. I'm miles away from that," Seth says.

"So you don't think we had good times together?" Hunter asks.

"I remember all the bad and the many times I tried and had to cry for you being an asshole, and I didn't deserve that. Nor would I ever want to relive it again. I'm happy. And are you even out, Hunter? Because that was also a problem," Seth says.

"I'm open, but I don't say it to the world. If people know, they know, but I don't take men to my work events, I'll admit. But you're different, Seth," Hunter says.

"I'm not an option, Hunter, and I never will be. I want you to understand that, and I feel like by you saying that, you are still in the closet. And as for being with you when you were like that, I don't think anyone who is out deserves to be hidden. It hurts, trust me," Seth says.

"Are you not an option because you're still waiting for Decker, like when we were together?" he says.

"Hunter, I was faithful the entire time we were together. The one who had a problem with infidelity was you. Decker was my friend and only that. So no, I'm not pining over him. I'm in a relationship with him," Seth says.

"I saw Decker with a woman tonight, and they were very close, if you understand what I'm saying," Hunter says.

"Yes, you saw him with Beth. She is my girlfriend and his too. We're all dating," Seth tells him.

"What? Seth, you're gay. Is this something you're doing to please Decker? That's ridiculous. I never asked you to try to be with women, and for Decker to do that is beyond fucked up. And that girl, how could she take advantage like that?" Hunter says, angered.

"Do not dare say anything bad about either of them," Seth starts.

"Also, Hunter, thank you for your concern, but I would never force anyone to be with me. And I definitely love Seth too much. I would let him go immediately if I felt like he didn't want to be with me," Beth says, walking out. Seth opens his arms to her.

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand," Hunter says.

"You really don't have to," Seth says.

"Babe, I didn't come to interrupt your conversation, but dinner is getting served. Oh, and Hunter, your parents are seated at our table, along with yourself," Beth says, and enters the house. We follow behind her, and I'm just hoping we can leave soon.