Chapter 29

Beth finally arrives at Kate's home and parks the car. When she knocks and gets no answer, she decides to use her key and walks in. She hears music blasting from the kitchen and sees Kate dancing and cooking. "Bitch, do you knock? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" she yells.

"I did knock, but no wonder you couldn't hear me over this loud blaring music," I say, laughing.

"Whatever. You know I love my music. What are you doing here? Did you finally realize you miss me after spending so much time with your men?" she laughs.

"Kate, don't play. I saw you three days ago, and I just wanted to drop by, you know?" I say.

"Girl, please. I know you. Now, tell me what's up," she says, placing her hands on her hips.

"I went to the doctor," I say in a whisper.

"Are you dying, bitch? You better not be because I'm not gonna make it, you hear me?" she says.

"Girl, no. Calm down. I'm fine," I say.

"Oh, okay. Then what's the big deal?" she says.

"I went to the gynecologist for just an appointment," I say.

"Oh, okay. Had to put yourself on the pill, huh? Cause you're out here enjoying the D. I love that for you, girl," she says, laughing.

"Yeah... And I put the envelope on the table," and she looks at me.

"Girl, what's going on? Just spit it out already. Why do you look scared?" she asks me.

"The doctor made me take a pregnancy test, and the results are in there. And, I'm not going to lie, Kate. I'm freaking the fuck out," I say.

"Well, shit. I mean, girl, it's okay. You have men that love you and a lot of people to help you. So, what did the results say?" she asked.

"I haven't had the strength to open it. I'm terrified, Kate. I'm not going to lie to you," I say, sitting down and putting my hands on my head.

"Girl, okay. Breathe. Everything is fine. But, don't you think you should open this with your maybe baby daddies? I love and will always be your girl, but this moment should be shared with them. They would love it. I know they would, and so do you," she says.

"I know, but I came here because I'm not ready, so can we please just enjoy the day together?" I ask.

"Okay. I'll let you have time to process this, but I'm not going to let this go. Don't think you can hide out here because I personally think what you are doing is stupid," she says.

"Well, I'm not really doing anything. I highly doubt that I'm pregnant because I'm on the pill. Unless my body hates me now that I'm sexually active and having the best sex of my life, and the pill decides not to work and get me pregnant, I refuse to believe it. I'm going to stay positive and think that this is all a fluke or a dream," I say.

"Beth, you are my sister, but right now, you sound like a fucking idiot. And, if you truly believe you're not pregnant, you would've opened that letter or been at your man's house, not here, okay? So, cut the bullshit," she says.

"But, Kate, I don't want to be a mom right now. Well, maybe that's not true. I mean, I would love to have a mini Seth and Decker. God, I love them, but I'm not sure. I'm conflicted, okay?" I say.

"Girl, is anybody actually ever ready to be a parent? I think not, but Beth, you would be an amazing mom. You know that. And, think of it this way. You have way more help since it's three of you," she says.

"Yeah, I guess. Imagine I not only get pregnant but I have multiples," I say.

"Girl, I don't think you would get that fucked. That would be crazy. But, whatever. Let's go to the movies and have girl time. Then you are going to do what?" she asks.