Chapter 31

Seth and Decker were standing by Beth's side as she laid on the hospital bed. The doctor walked in and said, "Welcome back so quickly Beth! I'm glad you listened and came in for an ultrasound. How about we check on this baby?"

Beth replied, "Yes, I opened the envelope with people I care about, like you said. Turns out I'm pregnant, so here I am for an ultrasound."

The doctor smiled and said, "I'm glad you listened. And who are these guys?" Beth took a deep breath and answered truthfully, "The baby's father."

The doctor nodded and said, "Well, I hope you guys are excited to be fathers. It's honestly a great gift."

Seth and Decker looked at each other with excitement and relief. They couldn't wait to meet their little one.

As the doctor continued with the ultrasound, Beth held Seth's hand. They couldn't believe how lucky they were to have each other and this growing family.

As the doctor continued with the ultrasound, Beth held Seth's hand. They listened intently as the doctor examined the baby, searching for the sound of its heartbeat. Suddenly, they heard two distinct sounds. The doctor's expression changed as he looked at the screen.

"Wait a minute," he said. "There are two heartbeats!"

Beth's eyes widened in shock, and Seth and Decker looked at each other in disbelief. "Two heartbeats?" Seth asked.

The doctor nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "Congratulations," he said. "You're having twins!"

Beth burst into tears, overwhelmed with emotion. "Twins?" she repeated, incredulous.

Seth and Decker were speechless, their minds racing with the news. "Wow," Decker finally managed to say. "We're going to be fathers of twins."

The doctor chuckled. "Yes, you are," he said. "It's not common, but it's not unheard of either. You're in for an exciting journey."

As the doctor finished the ultrasound, Beth went quiet. Seth and Decker looked at her, concerned. "Beth, what's wrong?" Seth asked.

Beth took a deep breath before answering. "I just can't believe it," she said. "Twins. It's going to be so much."

Decker put a hand on her arm. "We'll figure it out together," he said. "We're in this together."

Seth nodded. "We'll make it work," he said, leaning in to kiss her on the forehead. "We'll be the best dads we can be."

Beth appreciated their support, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of fear and uncertainty. "I'm just scared," she said, her voice trembling. "I've never been a mom before. I don't know how to do this."

Decker pulled her into a warm embrace. "It's okay to be scared," he said. "We'll learn together. And you won't be alone. We'll be here for you every step of the way."

Seth nodded in agreement, his eyes full of love. "We're not going anywhere," he said. "We love you, Beth. And we love these little ones already."

Beth felt a rush of emotion at his words. She looked at Seth, feeling overwhelmed by the depth of their connection. "I love you both so much," she said, tears streaming down her face.

Decker wiped away her tears, his own eyes shining with emotion. "We love you too," he said. "And we'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Seth took her hand, his touch sending shivers down her spine. "You're not alone," he said. "We'll face whatever comes our way, together."

Beth smiled through her tears, feeling grateful for their love and support. "I know we'll be great parents," she said. "But what about telling our parents?"