Chapter 30

Beth looks up at Seth and Decker, noticing a hint of upset in their eyes. "I know, I'm sorry," she says, her voice filled with regret. "I just couldn't bring myself to come home when I was feeling like this."

"Beth, why do you think and feel like this?" Seth asks.

"All I keep thinking about is if I'm supposed to be a mother, I'm supposed to be fierce and strong. And look, I'm already failing. You both don't need a wife or as the mother of your children... wait, I meant girlfriend," I say and bury my face in my hands.

"Beth, baby, you have to know that you are already a strong woman and would make a phenomenal mother. We saw that before we even entered into a relationship with you. Anybody who is lucky enough to surround themselves with you senses that, there's no doubt about it," Decker says.

"What if I can't do it?" I say.

"Beth, that's not possible. Let me ask you, if you knew you were pregnant, what would be the next thing you would do without even thinking too long?" Seth asks.

"I would go get an ultrasound and make sure the baby is healthy. Then, I would start planning to buy everything the baby would need and plan to make changes I would need before the baby arrives," I say.

"Does that sound like a person who would be a bad mom?" Decker asks.

"No. I also don't want you guys to feel like I'm irresponsible. Literally, we were just talking about protection and having babies, and I said we're good and covered until the future. And boom, now I'm unsure and maybe pregnant. It makes me seem inconsistent or like forcing y'all to stay," I say.

"Beth, if you're irresponsible, what would we be? Neither Seth nor I have used a condom since the first opportunity we got to be inside you," Decker says.

"And, Beth, if we didn't want to be here or be with you, we wouldn't. It's that simple. I mean, I hate to bring her up, but look at Jenni, pining and never got both of us together. We love you and want to be with you. Understand it, baby. You have two men who love you and will stay with you, and that's not going to change. Just like I love Decker, I love you. So please stop shutting us out when you really need us. I honestly can't take it anymore," Seth says.

Decker sighs heavily. "Beth, we understand that you're scared, but we're your partners. We can't help you if you don't come to us. Also, we want to express how much we care about you by saying that we already see you as our wife. It would be a dream come true for us to be your husbands."

Seth nods in agreement. "You didn't come to us once before, and now this. How many times are you going to try to run when we continuously say and prove to you that we are here for the long run?"

"I know that I've been scared and unsure, but I want you both to know that I'm committed to this relationship for the long run. I want to be with you and build a life together, and I promise to come to you when I'm feeling scared or overwhelmed. I'm grateful for your love and support, and I promise to do better in communicating with you both. I love you both so much," Beth says, looking directly at Seth and Decker with sincerity in her eyes.

Decker nods his head. "We love you and want to support you through everything."

Seth takes her hand gently. "We're your men, Beth. We're here to protect you and take care of you no matter what."

Beth looks up at Seth and Decker, feeling their love and devotion. "I'm sorry," she says again. "I'll be better about coming to you guys."

Decker smiles reassuringly. "We know you will, Beth. We're in this together, remember?"

The three of them hug, feeling the warmth and comfort of each other's embrace. Despite the momentary tension, they know that their love for each other will always prevail.