chapter 51

Hamza

I don't know how long I've been sitting on the floor with my wife pressed to my chest. No hijab, no more tears and still very much lots of anger. She had her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Come on, love. Let's go upstairs." She nods silently but doesn't make her way to standing up. My smile lifts as I rise up from the floor, Ismahan following with me still clinging onto me.

Slightly bending I hook my one arm around her back and the other around the back of her knees raising her up into bridal style. She doesn't let go and clings her face into my chest.

"I love you." I whisper into her ear softly. She doesn't seem to have a reaction, yet she replies making my heart swells up. "I l-love you, Hamza." She whispers so softly I could barely hear her.

Making my way up the stairs all I could think of is breaking that man's neck. He hit my wife. My precious love of my life. He hurt her. He made her cry.   He hurt her, he hurt me.

I kicked our bedroom door closed with the heel of my foot and walk straight towards the bathroom. I place her down on the counter top dresser before releasing her face from my chest.

She whispers softly and my heart breaks.

"Let me get a wet face cloth for you." I say. She nods her head and moves back from my chest. I get her pink face cloth and wet it with warm water under the bath tap then walk towards her.

Slowly I wiped her face clean as she closes her eyes, removing all the dried tears. I made sure to gently wipe her tired eyes too. Once I finish that, I open the dresser getting the hair brush.

"Do you want me to untangle your hair for you, love?" She nods at me silently. I was so afraid to brush her hair thinking it would cause more pain. Yet, I slowly and gently as possible brush her hair trying to untangle every part.

It took me about a few minutes to finish it. Lastly brushing her hair down making it fall over her chest and back. Her hair is still as soft and silky as ever. The prettiest brown hair I've ever seen.

After, I grab the ointment from the medical shelf and run some on the bruise on her face. I placed down the ointment, "I'll go get some night wear for you quickly." and rushed out my way towards our walk-on closet. I got her pink two piece set nightwear and brought it to the bathroom.

"May I?" Holding onto her abaya, she nods and I take it off. Before I dress her into her nightwear, I could see the huge bruise mark on her stomach from the male that kicked her. My teeth grits as I gently clean the bruise with the wet cloth to adding some ointment.

A yawn escapes her lips.

"Tired?" She nods softly.

After I dressed her into her nightwear, she clings onto me again. I lift her again and take her to the bedroom placing her down on the bed opening the covers. As she slides in, I raise the covers up till underneath her chin tucking her in.

"Get some sleep baby. I'll be here when you wake up okay?" She nods her head and closes her eyes. I was seated next to her on the bed, gently patting her arm to slowly caressing her hair.

I reached forward, placing my lips onto her forehead. It lingers for a while before I move back.

"I love you."

~R