chapter 6

Maghrieb prayer was in about 20 minutes. The sky outside was already covered by the bright red shades as the sun was setting. It brightened up the sky with colours of yellow, orange and red in the most amazing way possible. And Ismahan was getting ready before Hamza comes.

She had slipped into her light blue abaya to topping it off with a silky white layered khimar. She wasn't in the mood for wearing sneakers so she only slipped on her white Crocs. She grabs her blue sling channel bag putting in her necessary belongings. Also not forgetting her white tasbih.

She wore her pretty gold wrist watch that her parents gifted her many years ago. She hasn't forgotten about that day. The best birthday. It might have been years ago that she got gifted a gold watch, but she cherished it with her whole heart.

As she fixes herself up she hears the honk of the car and looks through the window to seeing hamza's BMW black car. Hamza was here. A ping sound came from her phone. She grabs it and checks.

Hamza
I'm here.

Ismahan
Coming.

Hamza
K :)

She rushes out after checking if the windows are closed and security alarm is on. Once she's out of the house her eyes connects with Hamza's. She builds up courage to break contact as she locks her door and walks to the car. She noticed hamza's eyes haven't left hers.

Walking to the passenger side, Hamza leans over the center console opening the door for her. "Shukran." She giggles getting in the car. She locks her seatbelt for safety. "Salaam." Hamza smiles at her.

"Wa salaam, oh it smells nice in here."

Hamza laughs, one hand on the steering wheel. His cologne has spread throughout the car. "Shukran, I like to keep it so." He was wearing a pure white thobe with a white fez. He tops it off with his black and white Nike dunk, a black thin material scarf around his neck and a gold wrist watch. He was a definition of a model.

But before she could respond to him, she looks at him. "You look beautiful. Mashallah." He starts the car as he looks at Ismahan who's cheeks heats Jo crimson red. He watches as her lips curve upwards into a smile. She looks straight ahead avoiding his eyes and possibly embarrassment.

"Shukran." She mumbles. She felt different. Different with him.

"Do you live alone?" He asks keeping the conversation going as he drives to the masjid. "Yes I do. I started living alone when I started uni."

"Ahhh I see..." Hamza hums.

"Do you live alone?" She responds.

"Ah no, I'm in the university dorm with a roommate. Adam. Nur is also my roommate. Thought you knew."
He looks at her.

"I know Nur is also in the dorm. but I didn't know he was your roommate." He smiles. "Now you know." He responds coolly. She nods with a giggle.

"Oh yes." He suddenly speaks up. "it's okay if Humairah comes along to the masjid?" He asks as he takes a left turn. They were actually close to Nuhaa and Ibrahim's house.

"Yes of course! She's so adorable." Ismahan squeals.

"Of course she's adorable. You adore kids." Hamza shakes his head with a small smile. "Well, I do." She giggles.

Hamza parks the car in the parking space of the masjid and the two gets out. They walk side by side to the entrance.

"Wait, this is ukhtis house..." Ismahan looks at him. "Yeah, Humairah is here." Hamza laughs.

"Oh.." Ismahan dumbly says.

The doors open revealing Humairah running to Hamza. She jumps happily and Hamza catches her on his arms. "Akhi!" She squeals. She was wearing a black abaya in her kiddie size along with a beige layered khimar. She told it off with a beige crocs.

"You look so pretty." Hamza smiles, hugging her.
Ismahan realized that she kept smiling, feeling happy when watching the two siblings interact.

Ibrahim appears in the door and takes Hamza's hand. "Isma, salaam." Ibrahim look at Ismahan, a smile tugging at his pale lips. "Nuhaa is in the shower." Hamza shakes his head.

"Its okay, we're just fetching Mairah. We'll make a turn again soon, inshallah."

~R