chapter 17

She is and always will be breathtakingly gorgeous.

She avoids my eyes looking out of the window by her side. She tries to cover up her cheek that's reddening by a second and I find myself laughing out loud.

"Oh gosh! You're so adorable!" I laugh out.

She looks at me with a small smile.

"Stop!" She suddenly whines and rolls her eyes.

"I didn't even do anything." I laugh as I start the car ignition. I pull away from her driveway and we're on our way to our destination.

"Don't lie!" She playfully argues as she looks at me with red cheeks.

"I'm not!" I tease her. "What did I do? Huh?" I look at her grinning. Her mouth immediately closes. "Huh? Tell me, love. What did I do?" I may look intimating right now. But she's blushing so deeply.

"You-" she looks at me, I raise a brow at her.

"I-" I tease.

"Ugh!" She groans annoyed. She slouches back in the car seat pretty much annoyed. My laugh wasn't controlled and I burst. Gosh this cute girl!

"Okay okay I'll stop." I say softly to her, giving in.

I always give in to her. I'm weak for her.

"So, this event...." She trails looking out through the front window. "Is he a childhood friend or uni friend...?" She's curious. Probably nervous that she doesn't know anyone.

"An old childhood friend. He turned 21 today."

"What?" She squeaks. "I can't show up to a birthday event without a gift!" She freaks. "That would be so rude."

"No it wouldn't. Besides it was short notice that I asked you. So it's okay Isma." I soothe her. She is always so attentive and observant. That's a good thing about her.

She doesn't even know the person but she's bothered about not bringing a gift to the event.

"Are you sure?" She asks softly.

"Yes I'm sure. I got a gift already. So it's okay." I nod at her, stopping at a red light.

The red light reflects over and inside the car.

My eyes glances to her and she's looking out of the window. As my eyes glances to her hands, they are fiddling together with her dress. She's anxious.

I try to be attentive and observant when it comes to Ismahan. I can sense her actions. Right now she's nervous or anxious. Her hands are continuously fiddling with the material of her dress.

My eyes glances further down to her feet. They're shaking. She's definitely anxious.

"You're anxious. What's wrong?" I head straight to the point. She looks at me with widen eyes.

"I'm, I'm not-"

" You cannot lie to me, Isma. I know you, I can sense you are anxious and that something is definitely bothering you." I am literally pleading right now.

The green light is reflected and I continue to drive. She doesn't answer and I find my way by stopping the car on the side of the road.

"Why did you stop the car? Why are we on the side of the road?" She begins to question. Now she wants to speak huh?

"So that you can speak to me and tell me what's bothering you." I say firmly. I switch of the ignition. My attention is fully on her.

"I just..." She trails. She closes her eyes, trying to find the words. She's an over thinker. She thinks lot, too much. However, I give her time. I am patient with her. Once she opens her eyes, she is met with my brown eyes.