chapter 22

It's been two days since the encounter at Ibrahim's home. No one knows about the news yet except for Nuhaa who couldn't help but show up at Ismahan's home with cake and drinks to celebrate her proposal.

Hamza and Ismahan had agreed to get all their friends together to tell them the news. So she decided to create one with Hamza so he can add his friends and Hamza can add her friends.

Hamza

"I proposed to Ismahan." I drop the bomb at the dinner table. My Abbie (father) and Ummi (mother) and Humairah are seated at the table with me peacefully eating their supper.

"Oh my!" Hafsah, my mom squeals immediately after a few seconds of silence. "Really?" She seems surprised at first. Then her face changes to the happiest person. My Abbie is still seated kinda confused.

Humairah is smiling at me. "I like Ismahan! Yes! Well done Hamza!" Humairah cheers me on.

"Am I missing something? Who's Ismahan?" My Abbie, Hassan says. He looks at Hafsah confused. She gently hits his shoulder saying.

"The girl I told you about. When he brought her with hike to get Mairah. Ismahan. The girl I told you about." Then Hassan face expression changes to a normal one. "Ohh!" He says with a smile.

"The one you couldn't stop speaking about." He says when realization hits him deeply. Apparently hafsah has been speaking about Ismahan ever since the day she came with Hamza.

"Alhamdulilah my son is getting married!" Hafsah cheers happily. "I'm so happy for you."

"Me too!" Humairah then squeals out. Her legs are excitedly kicking underneath the table.

"Me three." My Abbie says happily, pausing. "Even though I never met her yet. By the reactions i can tell she's one of a kind." My dad says proudly. "Im proud of you son." He smiles at me.

"She is. Shukran Abbie." I say softly.

At that moment I felt at ease. The support. Alhamdulilah. Ismahan is definitely one of a kind.

"So? What did her parents say. What did she say?" Ummi Hafsah asks softly as the cheers down settles down but the happiness still lingers throughout the air. We back seated and eating peacefully.

"Her parents died last year in a car crash." I say softly and their faces immediately saddens. "Inna lielaahi wa inna ielayhi rajie'oon." Hafsah immediately says with a gentle voice. "May Allah grant them jannah ameen." Humairah replies with an ameen too.

"Yeah, Ibrahim akhi is the closest to her and to him she's the closest too. They love each other like real siblings. So I went to ask for her hand in marriage by him." I take a sip of my coke.

"That's so nice mashallah." Abbie says now.

"So? What's happening now?" Abbie speaks again looking at me.

"Well, Ismahan had called me over to Ibrahim's place with him being present and she accepted my proposal." I nod my head remembering two days ago. She was so cute and shy.

"Alhamdulilah." My Ummi says.

"And the dowry?"

"She just wants me to love and care for her. And she said most importantly to always choose Allah first no matter what."

"Wow." Humairah pops out. 

"Yeah." Ummi agrees with her.

"Abbie, she's so pretty. Like wow." Humairah now prompts happily to her dad. He looks at her chuckling. "Seems like Hamza chose the right person hm?" He asks. "Guessing by the talks and reactions of everyone." He laughs.

My head tilts down smiling.

"Alhamdulilah, may Allah bless this newly news, ameen." Ummi Hafsah says happily.

"Ameen." Humairah days first.

"Ameen." Then me.

"Ameen." Then Abbie .

"Is there anything I can do to help with preparations or anything." Ummi speaks up after some silence.

"Woman things Ummi." I laugh at her. "I don't know much about it so I'll speak to Ismahan. She would love to get some help from you." I nod at her.

"Okay then."

"Also, Ismahan is coming over this weekend. She obviously didn't meet Abbie yet. So I'll ask her if she can make it this weekend."

"Oh, then I can make a lovely dinner for us all." Ummi nods her head at her suggestion. "And some desserts." I then nod my head. I like some desserts. So does Ismahan, however she's not much of a sweet toothy person. She just loves her tea and peach flavoured Ice tea.

"Can we get some peach flavoured Ice tea too. Ismahan loves them. I say and Abbie nods. "Yeah, of course." Ummi speaks.

"I can't wait to meet this lovely woman who stole the heart of my son."

Eish Abbie!

~R