chapter 40

Hamza

Tonight is family dinner night and Ismahan will be joining us. Since she had the weekend planned out and I wanted to bring her over for family dinner, and that Abbie can meet her, I asked her today.

She had agreed to it and my heart consumed with swelling at her. She keeps having this massive effort in me and it feels like I'll faint by how overwhelming my feelings are towards her.

She's just, wow.

I pull into her driveway and press the honk of the car. My eyes takes a glance to her house and the door is closed while the windows are open and the lights are on. Her curtains of her house are spread to the side giving the view of her house inside.

Hamza
I'm here, want me to come in?

Ismahan
Yes, I'm almost ready.

Ismahan
Don't knock, just come inside.

Ismahan
Also, can you kanalah close the windows. I'm running late. Maaf

Hamza
It's okay, love. Take your time.

Hamza
Yes, I'll close the windows.

Hamza
Do you need help with anything else?

Ismahan
Shukran, no I don't need help with anything. I'm almost ready.

Ismahan
I suddenly cannot find my hijab pins, ugh!

I could definitely feel her frustration through the phone and I imagine her rushing around her room looking for her hijab pins.

Hamza
I could have brought if you told me. Humairah always leaves her pins behind at the dorm room.

Ismahan
It's okay Hamza, shukran .

Hamza
Maybe I have in my car some?

And I'm already rummaging through inside the car. I had remember Humairah forgot them in the car and I had found it and placed it somewhere.

Ismahan
Okay. If you get can you bring it?

Hamza
Of course, love.

Once I found the pins, my face lits.

She was a quick replier. She had probably heard the honk. Even so whenever I arrive, I press the honk and I send her a message. So she actually replies whenever I press my honk and message her.

I get out of the car and I'm just wear my black thobe with my black and white Nike dunks. I had my wrist watch on and my kuffi.

Coming to think of it, Ismahan and I surprisingly had the same sneakers. We had occasionally matched in our sneaker Nike dunks and nike air forces. She had great style, honestly.

I stepped into the house. "Isma!" I call throughout the silent house. When I hear the rushing footsteps, my face directs me to the stairs and i hear her rushed voice. "I'm coming!" She rushes down the stairs looking at me.

"Shukran!" She immediately says as I hand her the pins. She takes the grey ball end pins since it's matching with the strips of her black abaya coat. She hands me it back and I smile at her.

"Afwan, you look pretty."

"So do you." She smiles shyly giving me the look of adoration and turns around rushing up the stairs. My laugh erupts and she giggles as she runs up the stairs. My heart pounds as I watch her rush upstairs.

She's wearing her black abaya with a black abaya coat that had a few grey strips. She's wearing her black Nike air forces and a black hijab.

When I say her style, I mean her damn legit style.

While she finishes, I walked to all the open windows that are downstairs and closes it, as well as the curtains. Once I finished I sat down in the couch taking out my phone.

Ismahan
How do you look so handsome?

Hamza
How about you telling me that to my face?

Ismahan
Maybe one day then.

Hamza
I'll be looking forward to it.

Ismahan
<3

A few minutes later Ismahan comes down the stairs all dressed and ready. She has her grey channel bag sling over her shoulder.

"Ready?" I get up from the couch and approach her.

She nods at me with a smile.

"How do you look so handsome?" She's looking at me- staring at me with amusement loveable eyes.

"Why why, how nice of you..." I trail, playfully sending her my signature wink. "Uh huh."

She bursts into giggles.

"Let's go!" She excitedly squeals and I nod my head smiling.

Once we were out I had rushed forward to get to the car, opening the car door for her. She smiles at me cutely yet shyly and gets inside saying her tiny 'shukran'.

I closed the door and ran over to my side and got in.

"Abbie is excited to meet you." I say once I get into the car, starting the ignition and pulling out of her driveway. Not to mention her house was huge and so was her driveway.

"He is?" She asks softly, yet surprisingly.

"Yes, he has been waiting to see you since last weekend already. But obviously we weren't here." I shrug my shoulders and head to my parents house.

"Aww man!" She smiles. "I'm excited to meet him too. And Hafsah. And Humairah!" She says happily, a bright smiling adorning her pale lips.

"Hm, they cannot wait to see you too."

~R