chapter 15

The boys dormitory was quite huge. Ismahan slips her way through the dorm to room 101, floor 2. Today Ismahan was going to do some grocery shopping and Hamza was accompanying her.

Hamza knew she was coming over via the text messages from the night before. So he agreed since he was free today.

Today she wore a black abaya and her black Nike air force. She also had her gold wrist watch on and a grey layered khimar.

She comes before the Hamza, Adam and Nur dorm room. The door is totally black just like the women's dormitory doors. No sense of style seriously!

Knock knock

She's met with a tall male. Not Hamza, definitely not Nur. So it has to be Adam. He was tall, but Hamza was taller. Making Nur the shortest of the three boys.

"Who are you?" The male eyes her.

"Uh, salaam..." She avoids eye contact.

"Is Hamza here?" The male tilts his head in confusion. Ismahan wasn't a type to speak to the opposite gender. She was awkward around them, except for Ibrahim, Nur and Hamza.

"I asked a question first." He attitude of this male gets on her nerves. She looks up at him and flashes a tiny smile.

"Ismahan Malay, and you?"

"Adam, Hamza's roommate."

"Yep, I figured."

Adam scoffs. A Friendship is definitely forming.

Her brows furrowed together as she remembers Hamza mentioning a roommate named Adam when he came to pick her up for maghrieb prayer, nights ago. So this is the Adam.

"Hm, I guess." Adam tsks. "Welp, his inside." He pushes the door wider open and walks back inside leaving Ismahan to enter.

She does.

"Hamza, your visitor is here." Adam calls out. His seated back at his desk, by his bed looking at Ismahan.

Hamza stumbles into the room, a towel in his hand aggressively rubbing his wet hair to get it to dry. His eyes locks with mine and his lips curves up into a bright smile.

"Salaam, maalf. I just got out of the shower." He rushes out as he continues to dry his hair. His swearing black sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

(Maalf is like apologizing)

"It's okay. Take your time." Ismahan gently responds.

"Why you standing in the doorway? Come inside." Hamza chuckles as he urges her to come inside. When she does, he walks pass her and closes the door for her.

Ismahan's head tilts down as Hamza had past her with his large body frame. He points to his bed that has been made neatly.

"You can sit on my bed." She nods and proceed to sit.

"I'll be quick." Hamza says and disappears into the next room once again after he awaits the girl's nod. His bed was opposite Adams and next to Nur's.

"Is Nur not here?" Ismahan is the first to speak after a long pause of silence. Adam is busy typing on his laptop before he turns to face the girl.

"Ah, nope. He is out with Israh." Ismahan nods.

Silence.

"So, are you two dating?" Adam now speaks up.

He's looking at Ismahan with curiosity. However, she had her eyes widen at the sudden question. Her reaction wasn't difficult to notice that she had
never thought of a boy before.