chapter 16

Hamza

Today was a good day. I was invited to recite the holy Quran at a friend's birthday. He had called me last week to ask if I could make it and of course I had agreed. Reciting the Quran is my favorite.

I'm planning on asking Ismahan to go with me. Even though I have read to her Surah An Nur a few nights ago, I think she would love going with me to this birthday event. Besides, my friend told me to bring someone with if possible.

So Ismahan was the first person that came to mind.

My hand grabs my phone and I open her contact in my phone. I'm always smiling. Gosh. She's so addicting in every way possible.

Hamza
Salaam.

Why isn't she responding. She haven't even seen the message and I'm already impatient. Gosh.

I'm so lost in my own thoughts, my phone pings making me startled. I sigh deeply.

Ismahan
Wa salaam.

I'm already smiling. I'm so weak for her. Why does she do this to me?

Hamza
Are you free tonight?

Ismahan
Yes, why?

Hamza
I got invited to a birthday event. I'm also doing the Quran recitation for a friend at the event. And fortunately I can bring a plus one?

Ismahan
Okay...?

Is she really this curious?

Hamza
Do you want to come with me?

Ismahan
But I probably won't know any one!

I can definitely hear her whiny voice at the message in my head.

Hamza
You'll be with me.

I patiently await her response.

Ismahan
Promise?

Hamza
Promise !

Ismahan
Ok.

Hamza
Be ready by 8pm, I'll pick you up, inshallah.

Ismahan
Ameen

~~~~~~

Alhamdulilah, the day so far went good. I had messaged Ismahan earlier. It's already seven thirty and I'm almost finished. I'm going to pick Ismahan up as soon as I get finished.

Tonight I am wearing my pure white thobe along with my green and white coloured Nike dunks. I had my nizaar under on so I am basically  comfortable. I placed my green beanie on my head and wear my gold wrist watch. For finish touches, I used some of my Ameer Al Oud perfume.

As I am about to finish, my phone pings and i immediately go check it.

Ismahan
WHAT DO I WEAR!?

I don't know how, but I find myself laughing at the message. I don't know why right now she is asking me this. She basically pulls off anything she wears especially her abayas and sneakers. She rocks them.

Hamza
Anything that makes you comfortable, love.

She's typing...

That's definitely not an answer she was looking forward to.